The Cool Kids' Fantasy Club discussion

Self-Published Fantasy Blog-Off > Two #SPFBO alums on B&N's list of the best books of the year so far!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
The Grey Bastards & Senlin Ascends by messrs French & Bancroft , along with the excellent Master Assassins by Robert V.S. Redick (note they got the wrong series title).

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/s...

message 2: by C.H. (new)

C.H. Baum | 26 comments Goes to show that B&N isn't on the cutting edge of finding new authors. You should demand a finders fee.

message 3: by Brian (last edited Jun 28, 2018 01:47PM) (new)

Brian Anderson | 11 comments I'm not surprised. With the great pool of indie talent out there, it's little wonder the Big Five is scooping up more and more. It would not shock me one bit to learn that publishers are using SPFBO as a sort of scouting tool.

message 4: by Corlag (new)

Corlag TheBard | 3 comments Fantastic!

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Burroughs (pooks) Mark, as I recall you weren't necessarily confident that you were going to find a lot of quality indie books. Or was that just your 'cautious in public' stance?

The fact that you launched this and that you have the reach to create such a huge success is awesome.

Well done, you!

message 6: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 369 comments Mod
Patricia wrote: "Mark, as I recall you weren't necessarily confident that you were going to find a lot of quality indie books. Or was that just your 'cautious in public' stance?

The fact that you launched this and..."

Genuine ignorance :)

message 7: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Burroughs (pooks) The best fool's journeys start that way.