Teen Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > The Darkest Minds

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina | 1 comments

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Shu (tamutheshamu) I've seen a few of my friends reading this book, but I didn't know if it was going to strike a chord with me, so I've been putting off reading it for a while now (oopsie) 😂.

message 3: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
I had never heard of this book before now, but I just read the description and now I can't wait to pick it up from my local library!

message 4: by Denisse (new)

Denisse | 20 comments Has anyone read the darkest mind yet? i really want the book but i want to hear a review from one of you guys, i can trust yall😂.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Still starting on the first of august?

message 6: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Yeah, I don’t really know what to expect from the book. But I really want to read, I just don’t know when I’ll be able to

message 7: by Cass (new)

Cass I enjoyed it... But there was a lil bit of insta love, and there were some plot holes/badly described world building that was kind of frustrating.... I'm on the second book now though. I actually have a full review if you feel like checking it out :)

message 8: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 5 comments Cassia wrote: "I enjoyed it... But there was a lil bit of insta love, and there were some plot holes/badly described world building that was kind of frustrating.... I'm on the second book now though. I actually h..."

I actually agree with you. I finished this book today and it was for the most part, a great read. I found a bit of the world building and plot development a bit rushed and confusing. Also with the insta love, Im on the fence with it. The romantic subplot in this was a bit rushed. Compared to other insta love situations, I dont think this one was too bad. Liam is a sweet, gentle, positive person. He is always polite and friendly. His impulsive nature with Ruby can be defended by his personality. Also, I also think it can be from their lack of social interaction at the camps. Being young and not in a normal social situation, being impulsive with feelings could probably occur. (Im rambling now, sorry!) But yeah, there was a bit of insta love but I think their personalities and overall character development helps take the edge off of it. This whole thing can also be a bit biased because Liam Stewart may be one of my all time favorite male characters in ya novels (along with Arcus from Frostblood and Cal from Red Queen). Anyway, I am going to save the rest of my review for later, but yeah I totally agree with you on the whole plot hole stuff and everything.

message 9: by Cass (new)

Cass Yeah totally!

and yes, Cal is amazing XD

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 3 comments This is SUCH a good series! If you haven’t read it you should! As far as things you need to know before reading I think they curse a bit in it (but I don’t remember it being too bad🤷🏼‍♀️) and there are some pretty heavy kissing scenes. Other than that tho the whole series was awesome! It had been a while since I had read a book that actually made me want to read the next one so I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that I had devoured the whole series in about two (ok maybe one) day😂🤦🏼‍♀️

message 11: by Georgie (new)

Georgie | 2 comments I love this book soooo much! I usually don't like the 'they all live happily ever after' ending in books but I was so happy with the ending! Like yess!!! Please just keep it this way forever! (Like I don't want to read the 4th book in case it ruins it!!)
Also lets forever protect Zu, Chubs and Vida's relationship and Jude :(

message 12: by bea (new)

bea (satiretears) I didn't entirely enjoy the book. It had a promising start and well developed characters but an underdeveloped plot and near the end of the series everything sorta falls apart. honestly a 3 out of five (Only cuz I love Liam and ofc little Zu)

message 13: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 21 comments Denisse wrote: "Has anyone read the darkest mind yet? i really want the book but i want to hear a review from one of you guys, i can trust yall😂."

Hey so I read it about a year ago Loved loved loved it would defs reccomend I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on it if any of you guys want to check it out,

Annabell

message 14: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 21 comments Bea~ wrote: "I didn't entirely enjoy the book. It had a promising start and well developed characters but an underdeveloped plot and near the end of the series everything sorta falls apart. honestly a 3 out of ..."

Omg yes Liam

message 15: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 21 comments Emma wrote: "This is SUCH a good series! If you haven’t read it you should! As far as things you need to know before reading I think they curse a bit in it (but I don’t remember it being too bad🤷🏼‍♀️) and there..."

Hey I agree and LOVED it sadly I read the first 2 but have still not been able to get my hands on the rest of the series :(

message 16: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 21 comments Hey so I read it about a year ago Loved loved loved it would defs reccomend I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on it if any of you guys want to check it out,

Annabell

message 17: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Burton | 100 comments I also read this book and absolutely loved it. It is awesome and I’ve read both The Darkest Minds and Never Fade it’s sequel. I can’t wait to read more and can’t recommend it enough. Check out my review if you would like to know more! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 18: by Keag (new)

Keag | 6 comments I loved this series!! I think I've read the sequel although I'm not entirely sure, but I would totally recommend it.

message 19: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Burton | 100 comments What color would everyone be? I got Red lol

message 20: by Jadyn (new)

Jadyn (jaythebooknerd) | 16 comments I read the series and I loved it so much. I’ve reread the books 2+ times. I recommend it 100%

message 21: by Hannah ♥️ (new)

Hannah ♥️  (ieatbooksmmm) I think I'm a red

message 22: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Burton | 100 comments Cool! I'm currently reading In the Afterlight and am seeing how hard it would be if I was a Red. I got Red on a quiz that I took and I think it would be really cool but would be happy being a Blue as well.