Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

House of Cards: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Martelli NYPD, #2)
This topic is about House of Cards
Discussing All Things Indie > Audiobooks...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Theodore (last edited Jun 28, 2018 06:29AM) (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments I'm blown away by how well my Audible edition of House of Cards is doing. Audiobooks is the wave of the future! Have five more in the works now: three for adults and two for children. If you're not looking into this, you should be.

House of Cards: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Audible edition)
https://www.amazon.com/House-Cards-De...

Product details
Audible Audiobook
Listening Length: 5 hours and 34 minutes
Program Type: Audiobook
Version: Unabridged
Publisher: Wordwooze Publishing
Audible.com Release Date: June 1, 2018
Language: English
ASIN: B07DFS6356
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1122 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
#1588 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime
#3292 in Books > Audible Audiobooks > Mysteries & Thrillers

message 2: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Alex wrote: "Theodore wrote: "I'm blown away by how well my Audible edition of House of Cards is doing. Audiobooks is the wave of the future! Have five more in the works now: three for adults and two for childr..."

Thanks, Alex.

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 217 comments Who did you use to create the audiobook?

message 4: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4639 comments Mod
I used Dan McGowan for both Michael's and my books. The publisher used Scott Brick.

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Dickason (anitadickason) | 217 comments Thanks--audiobooks has been on my to-do list.

message 6: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4639 comments Mod
They are great revenue generators.

message 7: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Anita wrote: "Who did you use to create the audiobook?"

My novels are being produced by Woodwooze:

http://www.wordwooze.com/

The children's books are being produced by Jim Selleck:

https://www.acx.com/narrator?ie=UTF8&...

message 8: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Well done Ted. I hope to build up the courage/money to look at that in the future.

message 9: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Alex wrote: "Does anyone mind if I ask the approximate cost of producing an audiobook from a 70k novel?

I know there are royalty share options out there which would eliminate an upfront cost, but I'm reluctant..."

I've put out no money up front. Explore the options with Wordwooze and through Amazon ACX. All of my deals are royalty based, no initial upfront funds tendered.

message 10: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments That’s encouraging. I really must look into that. Missing Remnants would be a hoot with the right voice artist.

message 11: by Marie Silk (last edited Jun 28, 2018 10:11AM) (new)

Marie Silk | 208 comments Upfront costs are going to depend on your narrator's hourly rate. You pay for each finished hour. My 43K word book ended up being 4.6 hours long. This is from the ACX site:

"On average, most performers narrate about 9,300 words per hour. Divide the total number of words in your book by 9,300 to find out approximately how long your finished Audiobook will be. When you create a Title Profile on ACX, the length is automatically calculated for you, based on the word count you provide."

So once you have an idea of the number of finished hours your book would be, you would muliply that by narrator's hourly rate which could be between $50 and $250 per hour.

message 12: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Burrows | 4 comments Are you doing any sort of promotion for it? I’m interested as my next book is currently being narrated.

message 13: by Theodore (new)

Theodore Cohen (theodorejeromecohen) | 1432 comments Nathan wrote: "Are you doing any sort of promotion for it? I’m interested as my next book is currently being narrated."

If that was directed to me, no, I'm not doing any promotion at all.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread