What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Teen/YA. Girl finds diary- unable to read, draws her life in pictures, is neglected/abused, runs away

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cally (new)

Cally | 29 comments I read this possible about 8/9 years ago.
A girl aged maybe 15 finds a diary in a new flat (her family has immigrated?- unsure where to). She is unable to read the diary but draws pictures of her life in its pages. Th book also tells the story of the girl whoose diary it is but I can’t remeber much about this plot as I think it was more minor. The main girls family leaves her alone to go to work and are neglectfull/ emotionally abusive of her. The girl whoose diary it is then comes back for it and in the end the main girl runs away with her.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Jul 01, 2018 10:37AM) (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
Cally, what's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town) of this story?

Can you tell us more about the main characters - the girl's interests/hobbies, family members, friends, etc.? Any romance in the story?

message 3: by Cally (new)

Cally | 29 comments I honestly don’t remeber I have listed everything I do. I know it is unlikely anyone has heard anything.

The only other detail is that the flat had a fire escape ladder that she used to leave.

message 4: by Cally (new)

Cally | 29 comments bump- still looking. Possibly based in an easten european country during winter- maybe early 2000's or late 90's