Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley July 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 52 (52 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31634 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for July 21/22

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Jul 30, 2018 09:42PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14780 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 13

Books:
Incendium (Christopher Radcliff, #1) by A.D. Swanston The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester 50 Top Tools for Employee Wellbeing A Complete Toolkit for Developing Happy, Healthy, Productive and Engaged Employees by Debbie Mitchell In The Shadow of 10,000 Hills by Jennifer Haupt School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer
Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo Armstrong's Job Evaluation Handbook A Guide to Achieving Fairness and Transparency in Pay and Reward by Michael Armstrong Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman The Hawkman A Fairy Tale of the Great War by Jane Rosenberg LaForge The Nowhere Child by Christian White 8 Steps to High Performance Focus on What You Can Change (Ignore the Rest) by Marc Effron Look at Me by Mareike Krügel

Feedback ratio: 90%

FINISHED
Look at Me by Mareike Krügel review 8 Steps to High Performance Focus on What You Can Change (Ignore the Rest) by Marc Effron review Armstrong's Job Evaluation Handbook A Guide to Achieving Fairness and Transparency in Pay and Reward by Michael Armstrong

ADDED

Accelerated Leadership Development How to Turn Your Top Talent Into Leaders by Ines Wichert
How to Create a Coaching Culture A Practical Introduction by Gillian Jones

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 12
Feedback Ratio:90%

message 5: by Alison (last edited Jul 22, 2018 08:43AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2642 comments Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf: 54

Planning to Read
A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough Elefant by Martin Suter You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Jo Nesbø Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig Sea Witch by Sarah Henning Your Closest Friend by Karen Perry The Light Between Us by Katie Khan The Way of All Flesh by Ambrose Parry The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth

Read & still to Review
The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton Snap by Belinda Bauer Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott In Bloom by C.J. Skuse Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence That's Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang 世界から猫が消えたなら by Genki Kawamura

Reviews Posted
An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena

Books Added:
The Ice Maiden A Historical Adventure with a Paranormal Twist by Sara Sheridan It Ends With You by S. K. Wright

Current
Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf 55

message 6: by Megan ♡ (last edited Aug 08, 2018 03:30PM) (new)

Megan ♡ (shelley101) Beginning of Month:

a) Number of books on shelf: 36

b) What books are on your shelf?

School Monitor by Alex Dunn Pushing Perfect by Michelle Falkoff None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner 180 Seconds by Jessica Park Countless by Karen Gregory I Have No Secrets by Penny Joelson Buzz Books 2017 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Kwame Alexander, Jen Lancaster, Marie Lu, Marieke Nijkamp and More by Publishers Lunch The Last Piece of My Heart by Paige Toon Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index by Julie Israel All the Good Things by Clare Fisher One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus Troublemakers by Catherine Barter Flight of a Starling by Lisa Heathfield Paintbrush by Hannah Bucchin All the Ways the World Can End by Abby Sher All Things New by Lauren Miller Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah January Buzz Books Monthly by Publishers Lunch Just Friends by Dyan Sheldon More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost #2) by Brigid Kemmerer The Right Thing to Do at the Time by Dov Zeller Someday, Somewhere by Lindsay Champion Love at the Edge of Seventeen by Cara McKinnon Cursed! My Devastatingly Brilliant Campaign To Save The Chigg by Idabel Allen 806 by Cynthia Weil Brave Enough by Kati Gardner The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan The Art of French Kissing by Brianna R. Shrum I Had Such Friends by Meg Gatland-Veness My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih When We Were Young by Anna Benoit Buzz Books 2018 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More by Publishers Lunch 22 Scars by C.M. North Pillow Thoughts II Healing the Heart by Courtney Peppernell Freefall Summer by Tracy Barrett

c) Ratio: 56%

Added:

Best of Enemies 1940, and a plot which will torpedo the special relationship by Iain Parke Hope ... Anyway by Lisa L. Walsh Cole and Sav Our Surprising Love Story by Thomas Nelson

Finished:

January Buzz Books Monthly by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2017 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Kwame Alexander, Jen Lancaster, Marie Lu, Marieke Nijkamp and More by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2018 Young Adult Fall/Winter Exclusive Excerpts from Forthcoming Titles by Rebecca Hanover, Julie Kagawa, Kody Keplinger, Natasha Ngan, Courtney Summers and More by Publishers Lunch Just Friends by Dyan Sheldon 806 by Cynthia Weil None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio Pillow Thoughts II Healing the Heart by Courtney Peppernell

End of Month:
Books on Shelf: 32
Updated Ratio: 62%

message 7: by Kristie (last edited Jul 28, 2018 05:45PM) (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I’m in as always.

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 15
Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza
The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris Not Her Daughter by Rea Frey Lies by T.M. Logan

Netgalley Ratio: 89%

End of Month:

Read: 3
The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell

Reviews: 3
The Crooked Staircase review
Killman Creek review
The Widow's Watcher review

Added: 6
The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane The Coordinates of Loss by Amanda Prowse The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride by Joe Siple Sitting Murder A Baffling Victorian Whodunit (A Lancashire Detective Mystery) by A.J. Wright

Books on Shelf: 18
Ratio: 87%

message 8: by Melanie (last edited Jul 30, 2018 12:35PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 768 comments I'm in again. Hoping for better than last month and I'd love to hit 90% this month.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 24
Feedback Ratio: 85%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2) by Roni Loren Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2) by Nicole Helm
Relentless (Somerton Security #2) by Elizabeth Dyer Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2) by Maisey Yates Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5) by Julia London Kiss of the Spindle (Steampunk Proper Romance #2) by Nancy Campbell Allen An Affair with a Spare (The Survivors, #3) by Shana Galen Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert Good Little Girls (The Keepers, #2) by Rita Herron The Warrior of Clan Kincaid (Highland Warrior, #3) by Lily Blackwood Deep Cover (Love Over Duty, #3) by Scarlett Cole Down with Love (Love Wars, #1) by Kate Meader
Sleepless in Scotland (The Pennington Family, #3) by May McGoldrick The Duke with the Dragon Tattoo (Victorian Rebels, #6) by Kerrigan Byrne Hard Sell (21 Wall Street, #2) by Lauren Layne Vendetta by Iris Johansen

Added:
Read and Gone (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #2) by Allison Brook In Peppermint Peril (A Book Tea Shop Mystery, #1) by Joy Avon Highland Devil (Murray Family, #22) by Hannah Howell Wedding the Widow (The Widows' Club, #2) by Jenna Jaxon What I've Done (Morgan Dane, #4) by Melinda Leigh Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23) by Lee Child Kiss the Girl (The Naughty Princess Club, #3) by Tara Sivec

Finished:
Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 30
Feedback Ratio: 81%

message 9: by Vicki Willis (last edited Aug 01, 2018 01:35AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 405 comments July 2018

BEGINNING OF Month

a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 9

Mister Tender's Girl by Carter Wilson Girl in Snow by Danya Kukafka The Trapped Girl (Tracy Crosswhite, #4) by Robert Dugoni If He Wakes by Zoe Lea A Steep Price (Tracy Crosswhite, #6) by Robert Dugoni Three Secrets by Clare Boyd Tell Me A Secret by Samantha Hayes Lies by T.M. Logan Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane

c: Netgalley feedback ratio is 68%

FINISHED
Lies by T.M. Logan Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane

ADDED
When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica

END OF Month
How many books on shelf: 8
Feedback ratio: 70%

message 10: by Tiffany (last edited Jul 31, 2018 11:39PM) (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments 1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: If I Live (If I Run #3) by Terri Blackstock The Authority (The Culling, #2) by Ramona Finn The Awakening Part One (The Lycan War Saga, #1) by Michael Timmins Becoming Mrs. Smith (#1) by Tanya E. Williams Girl Divided by Willow Rose The Picture Kills (The Quintana Adventures) by Ian Bull The Chaos of Change by J.T. Riggen Apart by C.J. Pastore No Time To Blink by Dina Silver Maybe Never (Maybe, #2) by Ella Miles The Phantom's Apprentice by Heather Webb The Secret Life of Mrs. London by Rebecca Rosenberg Forget Her Name by Jane Holland The Edge of Memory by Maura Beth Brennan Hearts of Resistance by Soraya M. Lane The Promise Between Us by Barbara Claypole White The Muse of Fire by Carol M. Cram The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris The Bone Curse (Benjamin Oris, #1) by Carrie Rubin Whippoorwill by R.L. Bartram The Oaken Heart The Story of an English Village at War by Margery Allingham Aphrodite's Tears by Hannah Fielding Age of Crowns Pursuing Lives Marked by the Kingdom of God by Kori de Leon Looking for Dei by David A. Willson A Lake of Feathers and Moonbeams by Dax Murray Blessed Are the Misfits Great News for Believers who are Introverts, Spiritual Strugglers, or Just Feel Like They're Missing Something by Brant Hansen
Daughters of the Night Sky by Aimie K. Runyan The Future Will Be BS-Free by Will McIntosh Ibuki by Kathryn Sommerlot Daddy Darkest (Doctors of Darkness, #1) by Ellery A. Kane Don't Rush Me (Nora Jacobs, #1) by Jackie May Book of Souls (Gods of Egypt, #1) by Nadine Nightingale The Promise by Sally Jenkins Searching (The Starlight Chronicles, #0) by C.S. Johnson A Love Fulfilled by Angela K. Parker MRS by Noa Grey Talon (The Astor Chronicles #1) by Amanda Greenslade Dead of Night (Aftershock, #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3) by Lynette Noni Quietus by Vivian Schilling Mean Little People by Paige Dearth The After War by Brandon Zenner The Mansions of Murder (The Sorrowful Mysteries of Brother Athelstan #18) by Paul Doherty Milijun by Clayton Graham A Jot of Blood (The Coventry Years, #1) by Katherine Bayless The Lady Who Loved Lightning (Carolyn & Brandy #4) by Robert A. Sullivan Gone Tomorrow by Felicity Price Watch Me by Jody Gehrman Show Me (Me, #2) by Abigail Strom A Song Unheard (Shadows Over England, #2) by Roseanna M. White In Places Hidden (Golden Gate Secrets #1) by Tracie Peterson Dreams of Falling by Karen White 19 Souls (Sin City Investigation, #1) by J.D. Allen The Sins of Maggie Black by Howard Petote The Lightning Stenography Device by M.F. Sullivan Night Music A Novel by Deanna Lynn Sletten Goddess Of The Wild Thing by Paul DeBlassie III Dead Lemons by Finn Bell Forged in Fire (Bringer of Chaos, #2) by Kayelle Allen Blood & Water by Katie O'Rourke Apollo's Raven (Apollo's Raven #1) by Linnea Tanner Alexandria Rising by Mark Wallace Maguire Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella My Name Is Venus Black by Heather Lloyd
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is 15%
2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read The House at Saltwater Point (Lavender Tides #2) by Colleen Coble A Light on the Hill (Cities of Refuge Book #1) by Connilyn Cossette The Authority (The Culling, #2) by Ramona Finn A Woman God's Spirit Can Guide New Testament Women Help You Make Today’s Choices by Alice Mathews
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
1. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
2 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
3. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
4. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

message 11: by Yzabel (last edited Jul 30, 2018 11:56AM) (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 161 comments Beginning of the month

Books on shelves: 14

Lost in Math How Beauty Leads Physics Astray by Sabine Hossenfelder Killing It She's one bad mother . . . by Asia Mackay Munmun by Jesse Andrews It's a Question of Space An Ordinary Astronaut's Answers to Sometimes Extraordinary Questions by Clayton C. Anderson Confessions of the Fox by Jordy Rosenberg The Ape that Understood the Universe How the Mind and Culture Evolve by Steve Stewart-Williams F*** You Very Much The surprising truth about why people are so rude by Danny Wallace Bitch Doctrine Essays for Dissenting Adults by Laurie Penny 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari

Older than 3 months:

Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Carnivore by Jonathan Lyon Child of Nod (The Balance Series Book 1) by C.W. Snyder Fawkes by Nadine Brandes The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton

Feedback Ratio: 97%

End of the Month

Books I read in July: 6

Reviews:

DNF: 0

Added: 6

Shelf count: 14
Feedback ratio: 97%

message 12: by Michelle (last edited Jul 31, 2018 12:15PM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

July Books on Shelf : 16
Feedback ratio to start: 81%

Books:
Current titles:
The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas Smothered by Autumn Chiklis

Older than 3 months:
Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll People Like Us by Dana Mele Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris

ADDED IN JULY

FINISHED

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 16

...hey at least I didn't add any this month :D

message 13: by Tania (new)

Tania [BrewsAndBooks] (thebookwormmummy) | 1 comments Start of the Month:

Books on NetGalley shelf: 18

This Mortal Coil (This Mortal Coil #1) by Emily Suvada Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart WaR Wizards and Robots by Will.i.am Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee The Smoke Thieves (The Smoke Thieves, #1) by Sally Green Our Kind of Cruelty by Araminta Hall Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Charmcaster (Spellslinger #3) by Sebastien de Castell Tomorrow by Damian Dibben Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian The Unexpected Inlander by Kellyn Thompson To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert The Treatment by C.L. Taylor Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys The Big Lie by Anthony Del Col

Feedback ratio: 74%

End of Month:

Books Read:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 14: by Abbey (last edited Aug 04, 2018 10:28AM) (new)

Abbey (abbeyhauser) | 210 comments Start of Month:

Books on Shelf: 5

Books:
Relentless How a Massive Stroke Changed My Life for the Better by Ted W. Baxter Brave Enough by Kati Gardner In Peppermint Peril (A Book Tea Shop Mystery, #1) by Joy Avon A Scandal in Scarlet by Vicki Delany There Are Things I Know by Karen B. Golightly

Feedback ratio: 60%

FINISHED
There Are Things I Know by Karen B. Golightly Review

Relentless How a Massive Stroke Changed My Life for the Better by Ted W. Baxter Review

ADDED
Firefly by Henry Porter The Burglar by Thomas Perry Broken Ground (Inspector Karen Pirie, #5) by Val McDermid

End of Month:

Books on Shelf: 6
Feedback Ratio %: 56%

message 15: by Ashleigh (last edited Jul 11, 2018 03:37PM) (new)

message 16: by Elize (last edited Jul 10, 2018 03:32AM) (new)

Elize Russell (bookscookslooks) | 95 comments Hi Guys! I am new to NetGalley this month so hopefully this helps me get these books read!

Start of Month:

Books on shelf: 6
A Lens of Love Reading the Bible in Its World for Our World by Jonathan L Walton Black Diamond Fall by Joseph Olshan Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris Holy Sexuality and the Gospel Sex, Desire, and Relationships Shaped by God's Grand Story by Christopher Yuan Marriage Its Foundation, Theology, and Mission in a Changing World by Curt Hamner For Better and Worse by Margot Hunt

Feedback ratio: 0%

Books added in July: 1

The Hand of God Finding His Care in All Circumstances by Alistair Begg

Books read in July: 1

A Lens of Love Reading the Bible in Its World for Our World by Jonathan L Walton

End of the month:

Shelf Count:
Feedback ratio

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Has anyone ever had a book on their netgalley shelf that they can’t give feedback on?

message 18: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Has anyone ever had a book on their netgalley shelf that they can’t give feedback on?"

no. sounds odd!

message 19: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I'm almost done with The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz and I just picked up The Forbidden Door (Jane Hawk, #4) by Dean Koontz . I heard The Crooked Staircase ends on a cliffhanger and I should finish it today, so now I'll have the next one ready to go.

message 20: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments So, I finished The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz . Here is my review

NetGalley Review

The Crooked Staircase review

message 21: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments The book Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand is on my shelf but I have no way of leaving feedback of any kind. It’s weird. And I read and reviewed the book so I’d like to be able to post it.

message 22: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I've never had that happen, Tiffany. Maybe contact NetGalley and ask them what to do?

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 768 comments Tiffany wrote: "The book Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand is on my shelf but I have no way of leaving feedback of any kind. It’s weird. And I read and reviewed the book so I’d like to be able to post it."

That's so strange. I have that book on my shelves as well but the button to give feedback is there for me.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Kristie wrote: "I've never had that happen, Tiffany. Maybe contact NetGalley and ask them what to do?"

That’s a good idea. I’ve never had this happen before, either. Thank you.

message 25: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Melanie wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "The book Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand is on my shelf but I have no way of leaving feedback of any kind. It’s weird. And I read and reviewed the book so I’d like to be able to post ..."

I don’t know what happened. It’s very strange.

message 26: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Tiffany wrote: "Kristie wrote: "I've never had that happen, Tiffany. Maybe contact NetGalley and ask them what to do?"

That’s a good idea. I’ve never had this happen before, either. Thank you."

Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully they can fix it for you.

message 27: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Picked up another: My Real Name Is Hanna by Tara Lynn Masih

message 28: by Li'l Owl (last edited Jul 19, 2018 09:32AM) (new)

Li'l Owl | 191 comments NetGalley Start of July

Shelf Total: 5

Books:

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman Probable Claws (Mrs. Murphy #27) by Rita Mae Brown Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2) by T.R. Ragan Lies by T.M. Logan Burning Ridge (Timber Creek K-9 Mystery #4) by Margaret Mizushima No Place for Wolverines A Jenny Willson Mystery by Dave Butler

Feedback Ratio: 50%

July Reviews
📚 2/3

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman 5★'s
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Probable Claws (Mrs. Murphy #27) by Rita Mae Brown

Deadly Recall by T.R. Ragan
Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2) by T.R. Ragan 4★'s
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 29: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I've been reading so many books to fit the TT challenge, and mostly buddy reads, that I haven't read a single NetGalley book yet this month. Yikes!
I usually read in order from oldest to newest, but I don't really feel like reading my oldest... decisions decisions...

(yes, I'm procrastinating... lol)

message 30: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Haha...I keep trying to read one off my newer list so it doesn't end up on my "older than 3 months" shelf, then one off my older list to try to catch those up. I'd do better with my plan if I stopped requesting new books, but I requested more again today. I really need to try to focus on reading these more.

message 31: by Michelle (last edited Jul 28, 2018 03:58PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments I'm in! I haven't even read a single page for like an entire month :( Hopefully this challenge will help me cause I feel like this is the month of Netgalley :D

How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 13
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 71%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton The Business of Writing Practical Insights for Independent, Hybrid, and Traditionally Published Authors by Kim Iverson Headlee Paramnesia The Deadish Chronicles by Brian Wilkinson Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope Save the Date by Morgan Matson Ensnared by Rita Stradling Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu

New

Feedback Sent

Read & Reviewed
The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton DNF & Feedback sent Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope review

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 32: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Kristie wrote: "Haha...I keep trying to read one off my newer list so it doesn't end up on my "older than 3 months" shelf, then one off my older list to try to catch those up. I'd do better with my plan if I stopp..."

I think all of mine are on that shelf right now. lol

message 33: by Kristie (last edited Jul 18, 2018 07:49AM) (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Approved for two more... Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane The Coordinates of Loss by Amanda Prowse

message 34: by Kristie (last edited Jul 18, 2018 07:46AM) (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments I got my first auto-approval from Amazon Publishing UK! :) I almost picked up In Her Shadow just because I can. lol Then I thought I have far too many on my shelf right now and a few still pending. I should probably put the brakes on. I'm never going to be able to review all these in a timely manner.

Karen - Mine would all be on that shelf too if I wasn't still requesting! I have 8 on there now, which is more than enough, and The Widow's Watcher will be moving over there tomorrow. So, half of my books on each shelf.

message 35: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 405 comments I have Pretty Ugly Lies on my shelf too. It looks good and it up next for me.

message 36: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Vicki Willis wrote: "I have Pretty Ugly Lies on my shelf too. It looks good and it up next for me."

Can't wait to see what you think of it! I've seen good reviews.

message 37: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Added: The Five Wishes of Mr. Murray McBride by Joe Siple

That brings me up to 19 on my shelf and down to 86% ratio. That leaves me with only 2 on my pending shelf, but they're popular books and they've been pending for a month, so they're probably declined.

message 38: by Li'l Owl (last edited Aug 19, 2018 01:19PM) (new)

message 39: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 405 comments Just added When the Lights Go Out When the Lights Go Out by Mary Kubica by Mary Kubica. Have heard mixed reviews on this one.

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Added another, Sitting Murder A Baffling Victorian Whodunit (A Lancashire Detective Mystery) by A.J. Wright , but also finished one!

NetGalley Review

Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine

Killman Creek review

message 41: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Congrats on the auto approval Kristie! That’s great 😀

message 42: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Thanks, Karen!

message 43: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 405 comments I finished Pretty Ugly Lies by Pamela Crane Pretty Ugly Lies and gave it 4 stars. It was fast paced for me.
Vicki's Review

message 44: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Glad you enjoyed it, Vicki. Nice review.

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Finished Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope last night at 4 am! And fun fact, the author of this book thanks the author of Monstress, Vol. 1 Awakening (Monstress, #1) by Marjorie M. Liu which I also have from Netgalley! I don't know, I think it's interesting :D

message 46: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3351 comments Review number 3 for the month!

NetGalley Review

The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell The Widow's Watcher review

message 47: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 768 comments Well I failed abysmally this month. I've been in a massive slump since late May which has been terrible for my Netgalley books. Here's hoping I can turn things around in August.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 24
Feedback Ratio: 85%

Added:
Read and Gone (The Haunted Library Mysteries, #2) by Allison Brook In Peppermint Peril (A Book Tea Shop Mystery, #1) by Joy Avon Highland Devil (Murray Family, #22) by Hannah Howell Wedding the Widow (The Widows' Club, #2) by Jenna Jaxon What I've Done (Morgan Dane, #4) by Melinda Leigh Past Tense (Jack Reacher, #23) by Lee Child Kiss the Girl (The Naughty Princess Club, #3) by Tara Sivec

Finished:
Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 30

message 48: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 768 comments Will we be getting the August thread soon?

message 49: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

August thread is now open here

message 50: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I'm on holidays and squeezing in those books before July finishes!

Look at Me by Mareike Krügel
3 stars review

« previous 1