Central European Tarts discussion

Talks > And now...?

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elif (new)

Elif (angelus_mortis) | 58 comments Mod
Hi Ladies. For a long time nobody wrote anything and there wasn't any hangout (if there was one I didn't know).
Did we stop with the original hangout? Won't we read and discuss anymore? I wasn't so active but I know original hangouts and pick-ups weren't the only things we were talking about. I really want to continue.

message 2: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 173 comments Mod
Sorry, I've had a really busy year, first with a bunch of funerals, and now I'm moving. The move should be done in a couple weeks, and then I'll have more time, I've just been too exhausted and too unsure of timing. We've been here 13 years, and between us and a handful of other people moving in and out who left stuff behind, a lot of junk accumulated. We're taking a couple extra weeks to make sure it's all cleared out for our landlord, because she just acquired the house a couple years ago, with us included. :)

But, yeah, I'm missing hanging out too, things just got crazy!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Crane-rosset | 103 comments Mod
It's been...a really bad few months for me. I've let a lot of things fall to the side that I really shouldn't have.

Ok, so, Let's get back to it then. We're going to read Honor Harrington next month, right? OMG, I love these books SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!

message 4: by Elif (new)

... Ok, so, Let's get back to it then. We're going to read Honor Harrington next mo..."

Are they good? I wasn't sure if I should read them, but if you're saying they are good I have to read them :)

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

I really like them. I love Honor as a character, but I also really love all the supporting characters, too.

message 6: by Malaraa (new)

I remember liking them when I last read them too. :) Haven't gone through a lot of them, I put the series down when I got distracted by something else, but it was fun.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

So, when do you guys want to try to get together?

message 8: by Malaraa (new)

Hmmmm, I'm still going to be doing a lot of unpacking this next week, but after that it will probably start calming back down.

The week of 22-28 I should be good any day, for 730 France time onward. The week after I don't have a schedule for yet, but I probably wouldn't have more than one day unavailable then too.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

That works for me. The 27th sounds like a good time?

message 10: by Elif (new)

I can't promise, but I'll try to attend on 27th. I'll fly this sunday to turkey after 18 months and I'm not sure how my schedule there will be (I haven't seen my parents, my boyfriend, my cats and any of my friends since 2017 January)

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Dude

Hope you have a good trip!

message 12: by Malaraa (new)

Oh, that's awesome that you'll get to see them all again! Hope you have an awesome time!

27th should be good for me, and Elif, if you can't, you can't, obviously home will be a priority while you're there. We'll work out a good time for you soon one way or another! After all, we've gone long enough there's plenty of catching up to do. :)

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, 27th should be good then. The usual, 9pm CST? I have a new headset, a new keyboard, and a new mouse, so, I hope I won't have anymore computer issues for awhile that messes up my plans. :)

message 14: by Malaraa (new)

sounds fine! see you then!

message 15: by Malaraa (new)

I keep forgetting to come update the books!

How was your trip Elif? hope you had a great time getting to see everyone, and that everybody is safe and well.

It's a little late for this month, but anybody up for september? Either early month or toward the end for whatever gets picked this time? :)

message 16: by Elif (new)

Thank you for asking Sanasai. Everything is great here. I got an acceptance from an university. I'm not sure where I'll be or what I'll be doing in September. There are enrollment days and I have to look an apartment in a new city I have never been. You can plan a day and if I'm free I'll join you.

message 17: by Malaraa (new)

Congrats! thats exciting! Good luck with your move. :)

message 18: by Kris (new)

Mermaid Kris (themermaidkris) | 53 comments Mod
Hey there girls, how you doin? I am sorry I was off for such a long time. I am happy though that you stayed active here.
It was really rough times for me. Lot of work, health issues, losts and new interests. I was just not in a state to be social or read books. However I'd like to get back and break the circle. Will you have me? :)

message 19: by Malaraa (new)

Kris! Hurray! Of course we will, it's awesome to see you again!

message 20: by Kris (new)

Mermaid Kris (themermaidkris) | 53 comments Mod
I missed you girls. I hope you have been doing well. How do you meet nowadays? I checked this months book and I now sure if to go for it or now. I am buying books over 10$ only when I am sure about quality :D

message 21: by Malaraa (new)

We're still using Google Hangouts, although I half expect it's going to disappear someday. If that happens, we'll figure something out then. :)

I'm waiting on library for this one, I've read it before from the library, but I get where the first ends and the rest of the series moves on mixed up. :) I liked it well enough, although Clay has some of that "but I love you, so you have to love me back" going on. Not as badly as a lot of other books though. 10 is pretty steep for it. I mean, the book is 15 years old, and even the TV version started about 5 years ago.

Does Netflix in your region have the TV show? I keep meaning to check it out, maybe this month I'll finally watch it somewhere.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

I suppose we could move to Discord, but I haven't really used that feature of it yet. Lots of other people I know do, but I haven't yet. Yay, another channel on my Discord. :)

message 23: by Malaraa (new)

So when we want to meet up? :) We've been doing weekends, I know that's better for the odds of Elif being able to make it, how about you Kris? What are good days for you right now?

The discord text chat for allover VF is gonna be on the 5th of March. I know it's impossible timing for you all, but I know I like scrolling back through on the rare times I have to miss. :)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, Febuary just...got away from me.

How's next Friday looking for people? March 15th? Is that doable?

message 25: by Malaraa (new)

February is tricksy and false!
15th is fine for me :)

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Cool.

message 27: by Malaraa (new)

Just remembered we "sprang forth" earlier than you guys again this year, so I'm settled in early, I'll just be playing around awhile until someone says they're here. :)

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Ok, I'm here.

message 29: by Malaraa (new)

Coming back to this thread, just in case - Anyone up for chat this month?

message 30: by Malaraa (new)

Hey folks, how's it going? Anyone up for chat on this time around?

message 31: by Malaraa (new)

Sorry, didn't update for STEM September, had Traumatic Dental Experience happening and that used up most of my attention span.

Theme for October is Ghosts, the poll is running close over on the main club site still. Let me know if anyone is up for a hangout over the coming month. Even if not, remember, you can start up a talk on any of the books at any time, even if you're catching up from past months!

message 32: by Elif (new)

Hi ladies :) How are you?

Sorry, couldn't been active lately. There were lots of stuff with university, family... And I'm moving out again (20th time or so in the last 5 years)

Are you still doing the hangouts? I hadn't time to find and read the books but if there is a hangout, I can try to get and read them in a couple of days.

message 33: by Malaraa (new)

Hey Elif! I haven't heard from Jen or anyone else in awhile, but I'm up for a hangout whenever! If there's anything you've missed in between times, and want to read and discuss just let me know, I'll chat about any of them, even it's it's going back a bit. :)

Ash & Spirit was kinda meh, not sure I can recommend getting it! lol
Gideon The Ninth I loved, but it's brand new and real expensive, and I think a lot of people are skipping that one unless they were already getting it with or without club. I would recommend that one, eventually, if and when you can, but don't feel you have to get it, go by if you think it sounds like fun to you. :)

Good to know you're still doing OK, and I hope the moving settles down for you eventually and that it all pays off soon!

message 34: by Elif (new)

Hi Sansai,
I will get Gideon and this months pic this weekend, so I hope I can finish them by the end of month. After I begin the books I can estimate a time to finish them and we can arrange a hangout. Is it ok for you?

Nowadays can't find lots of time to read because of the books and articles I have to read but it will be good for me to read a little bit more. And I can use all the English speaking because I haven't got a chance to speak English for a really long time.

message 35: by Malaraa (new)

That works fine for me! I just finished this months, which was nice enough, and I love talking about Gideon! :D