dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments July
The Ocean at the end of the lane
A trick of light
One Plus One

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14624 comments Amy:
I liked The Ocean at the end of the Lane, and hope to get to both of the others soon; assuming you meant the Louise Penny book, A Trick of the Light. It is number 7 and I need to read numbers 5-6 first. LOL, I am leaning towards reading in order here, funny, huh!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Yes A Trick of light. I forgot to put in A beautiful mystery. I have the next book on my Kindle. I'll get to it eventually.

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3626 comments Read THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE last year and have decided I don't "get" Gaiman. I haven't really liked anything of his that I read. Am behind on the Penny books and just started THE BRUTAL TELLING.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments The ocean, was just weird.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Louise Penny is the best. I have heard The Ocean at the End of the Lane is weird from so many! I don't think I will be checking it out.

Good month! Then again any month with Penny is a good month.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments I have to thank everybody for telling me about Penny

message 8: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3593 comments I have to get to one plus one at some point it's not on the nook yet but I think I have it downloaded on my mac

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 16, 2014 12:10PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8062 comments You've got some good reading ahead of you on Penny, Amy. The guy who recommending Think of a Number to me said he had not read Penny, and when I asked him why, one of the reasons was that it sounded like a cozy series. I tried to explain to him how NOT a cozy series this was without giving anything away. Although I did caution him that Still Life was maybe the "lightest" in the series....

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Carol, I'm up to the second to last book, but I'm reading No safe house right now and then I got Silkworm for on my IPad from the library and then the next Penny book. LOL, I'm going to be very busy reading.