What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > modern: book about a man whose life is organised by his two daughters

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Bozeat | 2 comments The title is the man's name - two words. He is unable or unwilling to organise his life so his life is organised by his two daughters who are around 10 and 14. I have not read the book and cant remember who recommended it to me. I think it is quite new - in the last 5 years. Of course as my memory is not very good I may have dreamt the whole thing, in which case maybe I should write the book! I think it is the sort of thing that if you have read it you will know the title straight away and if not please don't spend any effort on it - as I say it may well be a false memory. Thanks for reading

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Rupert, is this book for young adults (teens) or older adults?

What's the tone - funny, somber, coming-of-age, etc.?

What's the time period and location (country, region, big city/small town)?

Where is the mother?

message 3: by Rupert (new)

Rupert Bozeat | 2 comments Hi Kris, thank you for taking the time to reply but the more I think about this the more I feel I may have dreamt the whole thing. It seemed quite real when I posted the question about the title but no I am less sure. At the time I thought it was a best seller that a friend had recommended so if anyone knew it they would recognise the plot straight away - this was not an obscure book - or so I thought. I now think it is so obscure it hasn't been written!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40687 comments Mod
Rupert, are you still looking for this or did you find it?