The Great Houses of Halona ~ A Fantasy RP discussion

RP > Collabs

Comments Showing 1-50 of 177 (177 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

the_rabid_snail | 433 comments Mod
Collab with others here.

message 2: by the_rabid_snail (last edited Jul 09, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

I love collabs so much, so here are some characters I have that I'm looking to collab on.

Lysander Stormwing: He's an only child and the nephew of the House Matriarch. His mother is Lydia (Feronia's sister), and his father died when he was young. I'm looking for someone who would be interested in maybe playing Lydia or another House Stormwing member.

Asphodel and Ianira Moonshiver: If you want to make a House Moonshiver member, we could collab using whichever character or characters you choose.

Nikolae and Nissa Nightwind: Same as the Moonshivers but with Nightwind family members.

Tomas Nightkill: I'm open for any kind of collab with him. He's the brother of the Nightkill House Matriarch.

Talbot Starshine: He's a child of Augustina Starshine. I'm looking for siblings, children, or a spouse.

message 3: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{tilts head}
I'd really like to collaborate on a Nightwind...

message 4: by the_rabid_snail (last edited Jul 11, 2018 06:54PM) (new)

Perfect! Any ideas in mind?
I think Crabby is going to make a Nightwind too, so I'll see if she wants to be included as long as you don't mind.

Crabby Constance (crabbyconstance) | 143 comments Mod
Hey! I'm looking to collaborate, too. The main people I'd like to collaborate on would be Sorcha Seajewel, Alexandra Nightwind, Pierre Starshine, and maybe my Bravewolf twins, Myr and Errol. For Sorcha, it would be fun to have some members in the Seajewel House. Alex is a Nightwind, so anything goes, really. Pierre is a child of Talbot, and we could always collaborate on that further if you want, Snail. Also, it would be fun to collaborate with any members of the Bravewolf House!
For now, I think that about wraps it up.

message 6: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{shakes head sheepishly}
No, not really - I've read all the information available, but I still don't quite have firm enough footing to have any ideas. {knocks head and listens to the echo with a smirk}

{grins}
Cool!

*grin*

Well, Nikolae does a lot of trading with humans and smuggles things from aboveground into Halona. He likes to do the riskier jobs. He also believes in some heretical teachings and tries to tell his family what he believes, but none of them really care. In fact, they don't really worship any deities at all for the most part.
Nissa is his younger sister who left the family business to pursue... other occupations, but she will help her family if they ask her to. She and Nikolae are pretty close too.
How old were you thinking of making your character?

message 8: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
In human years, upper teens to lower twenties. {tilts head} I'm not quite certain how that translates into elven here.

Just multiply the human age by five, and you'll have a rough estimate. I'd say somewhere in between 85 (about 17) to 115 (about 23). Nikolae is 94 (about 18 or 19), and Nissa is 89 (about 17 or 18).

message 10: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{nods}
Alright, thanks...
{rubs jaw and frowns at self}
Is that somewhere in the Important Information or Character Creation folders and I just missed it?

Hm...
{contemplates}
I think... 93.

message 11: by the_rabid_snail (new)

It's in the Notes thread somewhere, I think. I need to go back and sort the information better, but I haven't had time. Basically Notes is just a mash up of random bits of information I forgot to add in certain threads but was too lazy to go back and edit everything.

message 12: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{grins crookedly}

{nods}
That makes sense.

message 13: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Does your character have a name yet? And since they're 93, do you want them to be close to Nikolae or maybe kind of distant instead?

message 14: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{tilts head contemplatively}
I think, on second thought, I might make two Nightwinds, if you don't mind.

Also, how big of a family are the Nightwinds?

message 15: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Sure!

They can be as big as we need them to be. In the book there are some cousins and aunts and uncles and such that are involved in illegal operations. Some of them do have legitimate jobs though. I was thinking of making an uncle who has trade business between cities as a front for transporting illegal goods from aboveground or something, but I have so many characters to make rn that I might not do it.

message 16: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{smiles}
Thanks, Snail.
In that case, their names are Ariel Lona Nightwind (93), and Zephyr Favonius Nightwind (103).

{pulls a blankly thoughtful look}
Um... hm.
I'm actually genuinely not sure yet - I quite literally just started working on them both, so I'm working out their personalities at the moment - Ariel would probably get a kick out of helping Nikolae, since she has a bit of an unhealthy love of getting into trouble (even if she's usually bad with dealing with the repercussions of said trouble) but she'd probably get easily ticked off if he tried preaching at her (she's extremely atheist), while on the other hand, Zephyr is definitely the more friendly, open-minded and calmer of the two, and would actually probably be more likely to be friends with... well, anyone. He kind of wishes his family was more above board, though, so... {chuckles} And Ariel and Zephyr have one heck of a major issue with each other for some reason, so unless Nikolae is fine with dealing with that mess, I doubt he'd be close with both. {tilts head} I mean, I could be wrong...

message 17: by the_rabid_snail (new)

I almost used the name Zephyr in Moonshiver, actually lol. I love their names! As always, you have impeccable taste.

I feel like Nikolae and Ariel would have one of those love/hate relationships. Nikolae prefers to be a bit of a loner, especially on jobs, but Ariel could probably easily badger him into letting her tag along. He doesn't have the strongest will about anything except religion, and he does like most of his family members.
I think he would like Zephyr too. He'd probably be fine with being close to both, but if they ever dragged him into the middle of their issues, he'd bow out and probably not talk to either for a week or two.
Nissa might like Ariel. She wouldn't say she's an atheist. She just really doesn't care if deities exist or not. And I can see her getting along with Zephyr too, though maybe not as well as she would get along with Ariel.

message 18: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{grins}
{bows slightly}
Why, thank you!

{nods}
That makes sense... {grins} I can see Ariel wearing him down with the power of sheer annoyance...
{chuckles}
That would mess with both in very different ways - it would make Zephyr feel bad for upsetting him... and it would absolutely infuriate Ariel, since while she might be stubborn as all get out, she's not even close to being patient, so being ignored for so long would drive her nuts.
{tilts head}
I could definitely see Ariel liking Nissa...

message 19: by the_rabid_snail (new)

So can I. *grin*
That would definitely be interesting. I get the impression that Nikolae and Ariel might have spats a lot, but that might just be me.
Cool!

message 20: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{gives Ariel a flat look}
Ariel gets into spats with pretty much everyone a lot...
{hums}
Well, actually, she does make an effort to behave herself with people she really likes or admires, and with people she feels protective of, but even then she's a wry ball of sarcastic sass. {chuckles}

message 21: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Why does Nikolae and Ariel remind me of Fey and Cerberus/Chloe?

message 22: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{blinks}
{blinks again}
Huh.
{grins}
Parallels are being drawn...
I hadn't even noticed...

message 23: by the_rabid_snail (new)

This is gonna be so great! I think we've roleplayed Cerberus and Chloe so much that they've become part of our subconscious lol.

message 24: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{laughs}
I... can actually believe that.
{swallows slightly}
That is a tad bit on the terrifying side...
{chuckles wryly}

message 25: by the_rabid_snail (new)

*nervous chuckle* Uh-huh. Definitely... I just hope I don't become a psychopath.

message 26: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{grins crookedly}
I'm right there in that boat with you too...
{briefly ponders past creative outlet choices before shrugging with a rueful sigh}
Eh.

message 27: by the_rabid_snail (new)

It's probably too late for me, heh.

Anyhow, I haven't started Nikolae or Nissa's forms yet. Still trying to finish up Ianira, ngh.

message 28: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{chuckles}

{smiles sympathetically}
I'm working on Zephyr at the moment, putting together his personality (which is always the part I consider the hardest, with histories coming in a close second). I'll stick him in the Workshop once that's done, I guess - I don't usually use the Workshop, so this is kind of a reminder for me to actually do that later.

message 29: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Personalities are the hardest for me to write unless it's a character I've used before and have gotten to see how they interact with other characters. Histories give me a lot of trouble too, but I think appearance is harder than that for me. Although, there are certain characters Chloe and Isolde that are easier to write physical descriptions for.
I use Workshop all the time and for no particular reason. Well, I suppose Workshop does remind me to work on them, so there's that I suppose.

message 30: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{nods}
That's absolutely right.
That's probably because your appearances are always so detailed; it's amazing...!
{tilts head}
It's harder for me to remember character's I stick in Workshop - usually, I just leave them in whatever writing program I have at the time; that way, I see them every time I open it to write. (well, except for characters with z names - I lost Zera for a good month before I went looking for a different project down further towards the bottom and noticed her again... oops)

message 31: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Aw, thanks!
Lol. I lose characters all the time. I lost Mel in Children of the Sky and still can't find her.

message 32: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{grins}
I went to go nose around in Children of the Sky, and it took me a second to realize that there was actually someone with the name Mel there. It was messing with my head, why that one character's name was bolded...

message 33: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Mel was also the name of the person who started CotS. I had her characters on there, but she never joined the gr group. I should probably delete that.

message 34: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
Oh... that's kind of sad...

message 35: by the_rabid_snail (new)

She never was very active, even on the old site where it originally started. I kind of ended up taking over with Topaz and Mia, and everyone else seemed pretty much fine with it. So, when I graduated from the old site, I moved it here, so we could keep roleplaying. And then I let it die. Accidentally.

message 36: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{nods}
{laughs}
I'm sorry, those last two sentences just caught me the heck off guard - I made some sort of strangled noise, and one of the librarians gave me a concerned look. {chuckles}

message 37: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Finally made you laugh. Now my revenge is complete lol.

message 38: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{cackles}
Fair enough.
(you did it again, too... {grins and sticks tongue out at Snail})

message 39: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Yes! *sticks out tongue back*

I've been so distracted today, though. Ianira should have been done by now, but I'm just procrastinating.

message 40: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
That happens... it royally bites when it happens, but... {shrugs and chuckles wryly} Honestly, same here.
Music messes with me - I write better with music, but actually getting to the point where I'm writing and not fiddling around trying to find a song I haven't listened to to the point of disgust that I like takes forever.

message 41: by the_rabid_snail (new)

That's the exact same for me. I'm so picky about what I listen to while I'm writing that I get nothing done. But I can't really write without it either...

message 42: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{nods and grins crookedly}
It's so FRUSTRATING - especially when you finally find the right song and start really getting into the groove of writing... and then the parental unit calls you out to do something (or it turns out to be way too late at night) and by the time you've gotten back to get back to work, the groove has been lost and the song no longer rubs the right way.

message 43: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Amen!
Currently, I'm trying to find a song, but I'm not being successful. At all.

message 44: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{grins}
{tilts head}
The song I'm listening to right now is apparently a nightcore remix of a song called Rasputin, and I'm kind of shocked how much I'm actually enjoying it - I don't usually like nightcore or remixes.

message 45: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Hmmm.

I'm listening to Anthrax again. It was Queen, but then the song changed.

message 46: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{raises eyebrow and grins}

Oh, cool...

message 47: by the_rabid_snail (last edited Jul 14, 2018 03:01PM) (new)

Finally got Ianira done! Thank Isolde God!

message 48: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
{laughs}
Congratulations..!
She's great!

message 49: by the_rabid_snail (new)

Thanks! I need to go back and edit her history a little. It got kind of muddled up, and I think some of it is out of order.

message 50: by Chess (new)

Chess | 384 comments Mod
At least it's done - rearranging is much easier than creating.

« previous 1 3 4