What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

White Shark
This topic is about White Shark
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction - Block Island Sea Monster. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jason Caliri (new)

Jason Caliri | 2 comments (Warning, some spoilers) I read this science fiction book around 2001 (give or take a couple years) that takes place in Rhode Island. The gist of it is that the Germans were experimenting on sailors during WW2. One of their ships sinks in between Rhode Island and Block Island. Fast forward to the 1990s (I think) and a scientist moves to Block Island, Rhode Island to do research. At this same time, divers bring up a box from a sunken German ship. Unbeknownst to the divers, the sailor who was experimented on is in the box and has changed into a monster. During the researchers time going between Block Island and the main land people begin to die. That is most of what I remember.

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments White Shark by Peter Benchley is about a Nazi-created humanoid sea monster that gets loose on the east coast, but the other details don't ring any bells at all. Been a long time since I read it, though.

message 3: by Jason Caliri (new)

Jason Caliri | 2 comments I think that is it. Thanks Peter!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

White Shark (other topics)