Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Games > Getting to Know You

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
This game is all about getting to know each other and it is really simple:

The first person asks a question (i.e. What is your favorite food? What was your favorite vacation spot? Do you enjoy playing any sports?)

The next person answers the question (with as much or as little detail as they like) and then that person asks the next question.

And so on...

message 2: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Who is your favorite author?

message 3: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments I would have to choose Stephen King. I have many reasons but two are: fist author and many genres.
Next question
Favorite sports team?

message 4: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments I don't watch any sports teams. Horse racing occasionally, but I think it's all over hyped & paid.

Who was your best teacher & why?

message 5: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments My best teacher is books: I’ve gotten very far by the knowledge I have obtained by reading.

Next question; pick one favorite book and why....

message 6: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

I'm going way way back and saying the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Books. I think I read just about all of them when I was very young. I remember staying up really late reading these every night. These books are what started my love of reading!

What would be your perfect vacation?

message 7: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments I also enjoyed Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys and the three investigators; these were my childhood favs...
My perfect vacation would be camping along a trout stocked river with good friends, good beer, Cabernet from Napa and many warm fires at night.....

message 8: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments Oops forgot next question
Favorite color??? Mines pink.... many ask why... simply put I like things that are stereotypically untraditional male....

message 9: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Jun 29, 2018 02:53PM) (new)

I enjoy fishing too, but my favorite is deep sea.

As far as color goes...If you went by my wardrobe I guess I'd have to say black, since that comprises most of it. But really I don't have a favorite color...I like them all.

What's the best amusement park ride you have ever been on?

message 10: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments The best amusement park ride was at Hershey PA old time movie train ride back a number of years ago that highlighted the old time actors and actresses and the life like resemblance was spot on for the western’s; John Wayne and Clint Eastwood....IT is long gone....

Next Question: favorite TV series; both old and new?
Mine: old time: MASH & Star Trek (original)... new: Criminal Minds.

message 11: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments Favorite old TV show: Rod Serling's original Twilight Zone, although the original Star Trek is a close second.

Favorite new TV show: Boston Legal, if that isn't too old. If it is, maybe Game of Thrones or iZombie.

Favorite hobby?

message 12: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments Btw Lisa what’s your favorite amusement park ride?

message 13: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments My favorite hobby will be a triple header; bowling which my high game is 298... fishing which my prize trout was 22.5 inches and 2 pounds 15 oz.... and reading....

So what was your favorite hobby???

Next question..:: favorite ice cream flavor... mine cherry vanilla yours????

message 14: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments Brown trout? I took reading as a given for all of us.

I guess woodworking is my favorite, mostly turning, although I do all sorts. Lately I've been doing a lot of spinning & crocheting. Of course, our farm is a gentleman's farm, so kind of a hobby & I spend most of my time keeping it up, riding, gardening, & such. I'm trying to learn to weld the horses aluminum shoes with my new propane gas torch now since I gave up acetylene & I built a new fish pond which is taking a lot of time still. Finally caught a coon last night that's been tearing it & the bird feeders up... Always something.

Rocky Road is my favorite, although Moose Tracks is good, too. I generally eat it with a glob of peanut butter & some chocolate sauce on it. Yum.

Favorite drink?

message 15: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments Brown trout? I took reading as a given for all of us.

I guess woodworking is my favorite, mostly turning, although I do all sorts. Lately I've been doing a lot of spinning & crocheting. Of course, our farm is a gentleman's farm, so kind of a hobby & I spend most of my time keeping it up, riding, gardening, & such. I'm trying to learn to weld the horses aluminum shoes with my new propane gas torch now since I gave up acetylene & I built a new fish pond which is taking a lot of time still. Finally caught a coon last night that's been tearing it & the bird feeders up... Always something.

Rocky Road is my favorite, although Moose Tracks is good, too. I generally eat it with a glob of peanut butter & some chocolate sauce on it. Yum.

Favorite drink?

message 16: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments I’m simple fosters beer, red stag And Cabernet Napa

Favorite action adventure author; mine is James Rollins.
Yours?

message 17: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) | 818 comments Donald Hamilton for his Matt Helm series & the authentic way he handles guns. It's one of those things I notice even when I try not to & Hamilton was an expert. His nonfiction articles from Field & Stream plus others are still worth reading. His testing of shotgun bores & loads is masterful.

Do you have any pets?

message 18: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Kenneth wrote: "Btw Lisa what’s your favorite amusement park ride?"

I grew up in California going to Disneyland all the time. I am still a big Disney fan and love all the rides there. One of my favorite new ones is Soaring over California. They raise you up in the air in front of a huge movie screen and you actually feel like you're flying...pretty cool!

message 19: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Jul 01, 2018 07:56AM) (new)

This is my Daisy...2 year old Border Collie and a definite baby! She keeps me busy with long walks and playing fetch with tennis balls...she is also an expert soccer player!

Next question: Favorite snack food?

message 20: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Next Question: What is your favorite Actor/Actress old and new?

message 21: by Jen_Ken (new)

Jen_Ken a.k.a....Jenny from the block | 180 comments Favorite Actress Old: Natalie Wood, Angie Dickinson, Paget Brewster
Favorite Actor Old: John Wayne, Leonard Nimoy, David Soul
Favorite Actress New: Emily Rose, Zoe Saldana, A. J. Cook,
Favorite Actor New: Zachary Quinto, Eric Balfour, Mathew Grey Guber, and the Rock.
I see a lot has changed within the years between the old and new. The old females were portrayed as pretty and supportive. While the new females are strong, smart, intelligent and gorgeous. I like that; something I can identify within and admire. I see Hollywood has changed along with my taste.

message 22: by Phillip (new)

Phillip Murrell | 75 comments Although my answer changes as time goes on, I currently prefer Samuel L. Jackson over all others. He has more range than anyone else. He does comedies, dramas, sci-fi, fantasy, action, horror, even commercials. I always love me some Sam Jam.

Question: What is the wildest thing you personally experienced?

For me, I was once a hostage in an armed bank robbery when I worked as a teller.

message 23: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new)

Love Samuel L. Jackson...one of my faves! I worked as a teller too, but never got robbed thank goodness, lol.

I haven't had anything really unusual happen to me, but the wildest thing would have to be raising my twin boys...full of many wonderful adventures!

Question: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?