What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Alphas (Alphas, #1)
This topic is about Alphas
SOLVED: Children's/YA > YA Fiction: Teenage girl is invited to privately owned island with 99 other kids who have special talents, and they get kicked out one by one until only one (the best) is left [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ella (new)

Ella | 3 comments This book is a young adult fiction book (maybe partly fantasy) where this extremely wealthy woman owns a private island (I think there might even be a dome over the top to control the skies/weather, she's that rich). Every year she invites 100 teenagers who all have talents (I think the talents might be just artistic talents but I can't remember) to her island. Over the course of the year, she kicks them out one by one when they break the rules or behave badly in some way (or end up being not at talented as some of the other kids?). By the end, there is always only one kid left, and she does something with that remaining kid, like hires him/her or something. The book is also a romance between the main character, a teenage girl, and a boy who is also on the island. It's kind of a "snobby rich kid/romance" novel. I think I read it when I was about 12 or 13. I was reading the A-List series around that same time, and I remember thinking that the A-List and this book were similar in some ways. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
When were you 12 or 13 Ella? Do you remember what country this was set in?

message 3: by Ella (last edited Aug 02, 2014 09:26PM) (new)

Ella | 3 comments Yes, so around 2011-2012. I think it was set in the US. They were definitely speaking english, and I'm pretty sure the island was off the coast of some coastal state.

message 4: by Daphne (new)

Daphne | 245 comments Alphas by Lisi Harrison sounds like it.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella | 3 comments Yes! That is it! Thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Alphas (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisi Harrison (other topics)