What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Native American history about a young native amercian women who becomes the third of fourth wife of an elder of the tribe

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Skalberg | 1 comments I am looking for the name of a book I read in The 1980's. It is about a young native amercian women who becomes the third of fourth wife of an elder of the tribe. She falls for a younger brave and is allowed to marry him. (Not sure if elder husband dies or lets her go) They marry and she has a son then a daughter. When her husband is away on a hunt or war party the tribe is struck by small pox and she leaves the village with her children to keep them safe. She comes down with small pox and her son cares for her. Her daughter might have died. She goes back to village to help rebuild. He husband who she feared was dead comes back.

message 2: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 31 comments I was going to suggest any of the North America's Forgotten Past series, but I see the first one was published in 1990. Here's the first book:

People of the Wolf People of the Wolf (North America's Forgotten Past, #1) by W. Michael Gear

It might at least lead you to some other lists with similar books.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 41393 comments Mod
Is this history, or historical fiction?

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 41393 comments Mod
Tracy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?