What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fiction; girl goes on adventure in strange carnival-like parallel universe

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex T | 1 comments YA Adventure fiction. Girl leaves unhappy home and gets lost in a carnival-like parallel universe. The characters are strange (think Mirrormask-esque) and she gets caught in a battle between good and evil. Lots of people are after her. And she only makes it through the help of her guide who also turns out to be a kind of love interest? Read around 2007 or 2008. Blue cover with colorful graphics on the front. Girl is pictured on cover but in a cartoon/abstracted form?

message 2: by Aspiring (new)

Aspiring Scribbler | 67 comments It sounds similar to Caraval, but I think your book is earlier than that. It sounds like something I'd read, so I hope you find it!

message 3: by Tris (new)

Tris Crescent | 87 comments Maybe “Circus Galacticus” by Deva Fagan (YA, published 2011)? Or possibly “Untamed City: Carnival of Secrets” by Melissa Marr (YA, published 2012)?
The dates are a little off, but they both involve carnival-like universes/settings. {can’t link right now- on mobile app}.

message 4: by Ingo (last edited Jun 29, 2018 10:12AM) (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 639 comments For the click:
Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan Circus Galacticus
and

Untamed City (Untamed City #0.5-1) by Melissa Marr Untamed City
Carnival of Secrets (Untamed City, #1) by Melissa Marr Carnival of Secrets
Carnival of Lies (Untamed City, #0.5) by Melissa Marr Carnival of Lies
From the Goodreads listing of this 3 books it looks like a duology and a short prequel, but one has the title of the series as the book-title, so I am confused why it is listed as 0.5 and 1, would guess an omnibus, but it is not marked as one, so be careful to check it out when wanting to invest money in that.
(Edit later)
Checked the listings, Untamed City is the combination of a short story, 36 pages and the full novel, 330 odd-pages, giving 368 or so pages.
The other two books are the same stories in seperate books, with the short story maybe free.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40728 comments Mod
Alex, are you still looking for this or did you find it?