Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > July - August -September 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have started this thread for devotions. For anyone that still wants to post them.

message 2: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments “No More Death, Neither Sorrow…”

21 July 2018 / 9 AV 5778 / Tisha B’Av

Today is one of the saddest days in the history of the Jewish people, and I would like to share an excerpt from my book, “Walking With the Enemy: A Testimony,” that exemplifies exactly what I mean by that statement.

“The deception that I was in could happen to anyone, anywhere in the world. In fact, it is going on at an alarming rate! The only consolation, God has warned us about it in the Holy Scriptures.

Since my “translation” from darkness into His glorious light, I see that dates and events are important to God, despite the fact that my enemy tried to get me to believe otherwise. Looking back, I see how significant they really are.

The Ninth of Av (5759—22 July 1999), aka Tisha B’Av, became very meaningful for me in the course of writing this book. According to tradition, the enemies of Israel destroyed both of the Jewish temples in Jerusalem on the ninth day of Av. Reportedly, the first temple was burned down by the Babylonians in the year 586 BC, and the second temple was completely destroyed by the Roman Army, under the command of Titus, during the Jewish revolt in AD 70.

These temples represented God’s presence in the midst of His chosen people, but praise God, we don’t need a man-made building for our heavenly Father to reveal Himself to us today. And if you will allow the Lord God to purify your heart, He may choose to make His habitation with you! But it can only happen through Emmanuel, the Messiah of Israel!

We are at a turning point in this battle for the souls of men, and it won’t be long before Jesus “will swallow up death in victory!” Praise the precious name of Yeshua HaMashiach, Jesus Christ—the Anointed One!

If you happen to find out that you are on the wrong side, my sincere hope and prayer for you is that this testimony will encourage you to get on the side of the Lord, while there is still time. And if you are one who is truly seeking God with all your heart, my most earnest prayer for you is that you will come away from here with more of a love and a deeper appreciation for God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son, and the Holy Spirit of the most high God!”

End of excerpt from “Walking With the Enemy," by –C. Read.

Throughout history, other disastrous events occurred on Tisha B’Av, but I would like to highlight what took place on 1 August 1914 / 9 AV 5674. On that day, Russia and Germany declared war on each other, and that fateful decision would be the catalyst for much death, destruction and sorrow during World Wars 1 & 2, to include the absolute horrors of the holocaust perpetrated against the Jewish people and their defenders.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...

I read an article in our local newspaper today from the "Opinion-Editorial" section where the author totally trashed the word of God, the Son of God, and the people of God. I can choose to remain silent, or I can defend the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my sincere prayer that I will stand for God’s truth and never back down! And I encourage "Real Christians" to do the same!

I would like to share a very inspirational message that I found in a Gideon Bible. I loved it so much that I had it printed on a bookmark, along with a short message of my own on the other side. The author is anonymous, but I am certain this person greatly valued God and His word, and His people. May God bless you, as He did me, through these wonderful words!

"THE BIBLE contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of Salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are Holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains Light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is a traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here paradise is restored, heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

CHRIST is its grand subject, our good the design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently, and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the Judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, will reward the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents."

I close with these excerpts from a passage in Revelation as it describes the holy city, the new Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:1-4 “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

Revelation 21:22-27 “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.” Amen!

May God be with those who have "ears to hear" what the Spirit saith unto the churches...

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 3: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Devotional Topic : Just as Jesus Said

Do you know what is a dire situation? A dire situation is whenever someone loses hope! Hopelessness is a poison to the soul which saps the human spirit. It is one of the worst states to be in because in that state a man can do anything without fear or care. When an individual becomes hopeless, they JUST DON’T CARE anymore, to the extent they can take their own life or even someone else’s.

One of the fuels for hopelessness is the loss of confidence. As a society we seem to be failing on many fronts and losing confidence in vital institutions. We are losing confidence in marriages, in governments, health care systems, and in some cases even religion. What these institutions said they would do does not turn out to be so. Their words and their actions are vain and contrary to what they initially promised.

But today, I want to let you know that I know a man who is totally different from the aforementioned. He comes from a Heavenly Kingdom and this institution is sure. This man’s words are trustworthy and true! He has the authority to make promises and honorable enough to keep them!   We can resoundingly say “Yes” and Amen to all of His words.

2 Corinthians 1:20 (NIV)
20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.

For a surety, everything this world has to offer will fail. Some of you might already have experienced failure in some of the things I listed above or even going through them currently. But I tell you today, if you put your confidence in all of God and his word you will always have hope and victory will be yours.

Let me share with you how the topic of this blog was birthed. I got up early this morning and while reading the Lord led me to the following scripture:

Luke 22:7-13 (NIV)
7 Then came the day of Unleavened Bread on which the Passover lamb had to be sacrificed. 8 Jesus sent Peter and John, saying, “Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover.”
9 “Where do you want us to prepare for it?” they asked.
10 He replied, “As you enter the city, a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house that he enters, 11 and say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher asks: Where is the guest room, where I may eat the Passover with my disciples?’ 12 He will show you a large room upstairs, all furnished. Make preparations there.”
13They left and found things just as Jesus had told them. So they prepared the Passover.

I marveled at this scripture. Jesus was very specific in his instruction. Enter the city and you will see a man. Not just any ordinary man but this man will have a jar. That man will not be walking aimlessly but he will enter a house. The house will not be any average house, but it will have guest rooms to accommodate people. The room will be large, and not only this but it will be fully furnished and prepared for dining. Look at how specific Jesus was in his description. Now, exactly how Jesus said it was, is exactly how the disciples met it.  

I say again in a loud voice, just as Jesus said it would be, that is how it was found to be! Hallelujah!

This gives me great confidence today. Because, while everything around me has the propensity to fail, the words of our God will never fail. Knowing this and believing this gives my soul great HOPE. No poisonous hopelessness will be sapping my soul today. For I am saying Yes and Amen to the words of my God and holding unto every promise.

I encourage you now to open your bible and pick out some of God’s promises. Begin to read them with the full assurance that just as it is stated, is exactly how it will be!

Link to some biblical Promises.

https://youtu.be/7EqzE8W-VKA?t=5

message 4: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 200 comments i missed these devotionals...
I pray that this will continue...
Thank you very much.

message 5: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Arniegamilong!

I started a new job and with the hours and workload I don’t get the time to post in the Devotionals nor my blog ( https://daneamiller.blog) as i would like to. Sometimes I post in my blog but don’t share it in the devotional but I will try to rectify this in the future.
I like sharing the word of God and also learning from others like yourself who post their own devotionals.

See you in the devotionals soon and may God’s richest blessings be upon you...!

message 6: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 200 comments Thank you too for the desire to share what the Lord put into heart that can encourage and strengthen us in our journey with Jesus. Indeed, see you soon. I am excited!
Let's keep praying for each other.
God bless always.
Be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might!

message 7: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 200 comments Brother Dane...

message 8: by Dane (new)

Dane Miller Amen, let’s truly keep praying for each other.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Link for new devotion thread

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 10: by M.K., Creator And Moderator 🎉 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6178 comments Mod
I love your participation here, y'all! We'll be working on a new devotion month soon, my friends. Thank you all! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.