Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy" discussion

Sites, Blogs and other Resources > Podcast - Dark Crusade Karl Wagner

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (new)

S.E. Lindberg (selindberg) | 2342 comments Mod
From Facebook post; Karl Edward Wagner page

Kane is coming! I'm excited to announce Season 2 of The Dark Crusade will be starting next week- Thursday, July 5th, 2018. The entire season will be dedicated to Karl Edward Wagner's dark fantasy character Kane. With the new season comes a new co-host. I'll be joined by comic book writer and sword & sorcery enthusiast Jonathan Gelatt. We've had a great time delving into the stories and are excited to share our thoughts. [ 114 more words ]
https://thedarkcrusade.wordpress.com/...

message 2: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (new)

I just listened to the 5min intro.
Sounds great.

From the site:

We’ll be using Dale E Rippke’s timeline which you can find here on his blog The Darkstorm Files. Join us in one week when we cover the classic Kane tale ‘Undertow

message 3: by T.C. (new)

T.C. Rypel (tedrypel) | 123 comments As worthy a focus for the group as any, Seth. Wagner's Kane character, particularly in the DEATH ANGEL'S SHADOW collection, was not only something of an influence on me in the creation of my series character Gonji; that volume imparted the specific Eureka! epiphany moment that set me to setting the keyboard in motion for the books.

Great choice.

message 4: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (last edited Jul 07, 2018 05:49PM) (new)

July 5th Podcast in...all about Karl Edward Wagner's "Undertow"

from the website: "Every two weeks Jordan Douglas Smith and F. N. York chat about a different story. The goal is to read through the works of Wagner, learn more about him, and reignite interest in his work."

This second season has comic writer Jonathan Gelatt join in the first episode. 45min of Kane discussion!

message 5: by Wayne (new)

Wayne (wayneborean) | 1 comments Karl Edward Wagner was a genius. Loved his stuff, most especially Kane.

message 6: by S.E., Gray Mouser (Emeritus) (new)

Check out:
Episode 2.2 ‘Two Suns Setting’- Hear me, Sabertooth

Two Suns Setting

Originally published: Fantastic, May 1976 edited by Ted White

Awards: Won 1977 British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story, Nominated for 1977 World Fantasy Award for Best Short Fictio

message 7: by Jason M (new)

Jason M Waltz (worddancer) | 329 comments Awesome! My very favorite of Kane's stories. I shall listen right now as I work on repairing my knife.

Sword & Sorcery: "An earthier sort of fantasy"

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karl Edward Wagner (other topics)