What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical romance novel with lost diary

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments Looking for a historical romance where heroine loses her diary and the hero finds it but doesn't tell her. If i remember right the diary would be a scandal or embarrassing if found so the heroine and her friends look for it. I think the hero finds it outside on the pavement or in a coach. If Anyone k owe what book this is please let me know. Thank you.

message 2: by Gillian (new)

Gillian Wiseman (gillianwiseman) | 193 comments I sort of think I remember this book; what was the setting? England? What time period? When did you read it?

I sort of remember something about a red dress? maybe?

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex | 248 comments Could it be Twice a Rake? I like books with this premise and know I've read a couple others very similar, but this was the only one I could quickly remembers!

message 4: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Or maybe The Duchess Diaries by Jillian Hunter?

message 5: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments It was recency romance if I remember right. I'm thinking it as a pretty funny book. Apparamtly she had wrote scandalous things in the diary or maybe about her crush on the hero.

message 6: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments And definitely was in England. The majority of the historical romances I read are in England.

message 7: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments I thought of it because I was looking up to hilarious historical romances which was a complete failure. For some odd reason most think that just because one character in an entire book has a somewhat odd personality makes it a funny book. Read three of the top ten and none of them were actually funny books like some of Lindsey Sands books.

message 8: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments It's not twice a rake but it might be Duchess Diaries. If it's not it then it is one close to it. Will let you know if Duchess Diaries is it.

message 9: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of The Duchess Diaries by Jillian Hunter - Annamariah's - https://books.google.com/books?id=WRg...

message 10: by Lyndol (new)

Lyndol Burns Parrish (dixiebelle72) | 34 comments It took me a second but I read it and while it is extremely close I don't think that was it. It had some funny moments but wasn't overall a funny book. So I don't think it is The Duchess Diaries. Btw if anyone knows of any hilarious historical romances that will literally have you laughing out loud feel free to suggest them ;)

message 11: by Roxann (new)

Roxann | 16 comments Idk if this is right but it could be The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn