What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Revival of 1 of 2 magic beings.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (last edited Jun 27, 2018 12:34PM) (new)

John | 4 comments The book is about a young man. I think his name is Talian, Talin or Talon (I am not entirely clear on the spelling). He is being hunted by orcs who are trying to catch him so that their newly unsealed master can possess him. Their master was sealed by and with his counterpart after the last war in which the evil one of them essential attacked mankind with the united orc armies. Their master is specifically after him because he can see/has the potential to use all 6? colors of magic. Along the way he meets a girl who is a thief if I remember correctly, she is trying to change and is talented in healing. His brother is a Captain in the army and is called Captain West___ something or other. I have tried googling this and I just can't find the title. I was pretty sure it was Chronicles of something or other but I could be wrong on that. Any help would be greatly appreciated I started this book in high school and never got around to finishing the series.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
John, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

Is this fantasy series for young adults (teens) or old adults?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
there is The Chronicles of Prydain which has an MC named Taran. The Book of Three But I don't think he had a brother. Or if he did, I don't remember it, but it's been a Lot of years since I read this series. Taran, Talon, Talian etc (but especially Talon) seem to be very popular names for male MC's (or for the villain) in a lot of fantasy and/or sci-fi. I know that I read a series with the H named Talon but can't remember what it is right now.

message 4: by John (last edited Jun 30, 2018 12:02PM) (new)

John | 4 comments Kris wrote: "John, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

Is this fantasy series for young adults (teens) or old adults?"

It was a series for young adults and I started reading around when the first book was out somewhere between 2011- 2014.

message 5: by John (new)

John | 4 comments Ann aka Iftcan wrote: "there is The Chronicles of Prydain which has an MC named Taran. The Book of Three But I don't think he had a brother. Or if he did, I don't remember it, but it's been a Lot of years si..."

It wasn't that one and I am sorry I can't provide more detail on the names. I remember a good part of the story-line from the first book but the names escape me.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Are the creatures definitely referred to as "orcs"?

message 7: by John (last edited Jul 27, 2018 11:43AM) (new)

John | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Are the creatures definitely referred to as "orcs"?"

Yes they are. Their evil masters is looking for a physical body and he was using them to do it.