What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Traveling to Tondo: A Tale of the Nkundo of Zaire
This topic is about Traveling to Tondo
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Illustrated childrens book set in jungle, characters are animals. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bri (new) - added it

Bri | 2 comments the illustrated children's book was read I think around 2005? It could be old so I would say it was published sometime from the 1980s to 2008
I think the main character was a male jaguar (panther, leopard)? Anyways he was going on a journey to marry another jaguar. He had other animals accompany him on his journey, definitely a snake, maybe a bird, and maybe two other animals.
His journey he kept getting delayed, I'm pretty sure it was his friends delaying him. One sure plot point is that the snake ate something big and couldn't travel because his food was a giant bulge in his body. So the main character decided to wait for the snake to digest before continuing on his journey to meet his wife.
**I guess this will be a ***SPOILER***
At the end when the main character finally gets to where his wife-to-be was, he finds her with baby jaguars (or whatever animal they were). She ended up marrying and having babies with a different jaguar because the main character was taking to long.
So I guess it was an illustrated children's book about the consequences of being late. I hope someone knows what this book is called.

message 3: by Bri (new) - added it

Bri | 2 comments Yes!! This is totally it. Thank you so much, this has been bugging me forever!