The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

General Chat > Somewhere between Agatha Christie and Lee Child

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maryfox (new)

Maryfox | 396 comments Looking for recommendations for authors who are somewhere between the cozy and the violence / explicit sex ends of the spectrum. I've exhausted Margaret Maron, Charlaine Harris, Laurien Berenson, Sally Spemcer. etc.

Appreciate all suggestions.

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Sue Grafton, Michael Connelly, Susan Hill, Suzie Steiner, John Connelly, Lisa Gardner, and I can go on and on.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 91 comments Donna Leon, Cara Black, Colin Cotterill, Philip Kerr

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Sales (ksales) | 62 comments I strongly agree with and recommend Sue Grafton, Michael Connelly, John Sandford, Craig Johnson, and Ian Rankin. I have other favorites, too, that I will try to list later.

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Kathy, I have to look up some of your authors.

message 8: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Sales (ksales) | 62 comments Skye wrote: "Kathy, I have to look up some of your authors."

Laura Lippman and Tana French are also favorites. I'll add more as I think of them.

message 9: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments I have read Tana French, but not Laura Lippmann.

message 10: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Sales (ksales) | 62 comments Skye wrote: "I have read Tana French, but not Laura Lippmann."

Laura Lippman has some excellent stand-alones, but I also love her Tess Monaghan series.

message 11: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments Thanks, Kathy.