Teen Book Club discussion

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
This topic is about The Hunger Games
Book Discussions > Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 3 stars

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
This discussion is to discuss the Hunger Games series.

James Loftus I loved Hunger Games & would love to take the initial Post Apocalyptic story setup & have the two central characters set off into the Forbidden Zone & find what kind of world existed there,

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments That would be an awesome read! What do you prefer Katniss or peeta

Georgia | 2 comments I definitely prefer Katniss! Do you ship Katniss and Peeta or Katniss and Gale?

message 5: by olivia, The All Mighty (new) - rated it 3 stars

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
I prefer Peeta but I would ship Katniss and Gale 100%

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I ship Katniss and peeta mallarc all the way

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I always thought of Gale as a friend. Who has read the Selection? Katniss and Gale 's situation is the same as America and Aspen.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I haven't read it but I really want to. Would you recommend it

message 9: by Tammy (new) - added it

Tammy Shu (tamutheshamu) Oh man, The Selection was a big thing back when I was in 6th grade — I’m not a fan, but it’s not bad.

message 10: by Cass (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cass Yes, America and Aspen totally reminded me of Katniss and Gale.... Although I have a tendency to always ship the life long friends lol XD, so I'm a total Asperica and Kale shipper. Although I also think Patniss is really cute and I wasn't upset at all in the end.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments There sound like there are alot of relationships in this series

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

True. Love, what would we do without it. We should just listen to Dumbledore.😂😂😂😂

Annika I ship Katniss and Peeta all the way too!

Grace Bittle I love Peeta! I don't think Katniss deserved him!

Grace Bittle I'm sorry! But that's the way I feel about it.
Katniss is just so.. . . depressed. . . it's sad to read.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Yess very interesting

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol. This could go somewhere.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess it makes sense... suzanne kinda made it seem like she wasnt even happy about her kids. Granted, she did lose her family....and gale....but not peeta!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite part of that whole series was when peeta shows up and plants katniss' sister's name which I forgot bush

Grace Bittle Brooke wrote: "I guess it makes sense... suzanne kinda made it seem like she wasnt even happy about her kids. Granted, she did lose her family....and gale....but not peeta!"

YES!!! so true!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

😜

Manatee_WoohBooks WOOOOOH! I love the Hunger Games!! THEY ARE (some of) THE BEST BOOKS EVER

MY LOVE WILL NEVER END

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

The first....

Grace Bittle I have to pick one?!?!?!

message 32: by Nehemias (last edited Aug 20, 2018 07:06PM) (new) - added it

Nehemias (Vlad_Centeno) | 1 comments I agree with Rebekah, I believe the best book of The Hunger Games trilogy is definitely the first one. As she said it had a lot of twists and turns, but not only that, I feel like it is the book in which we see the most character development which I believe is essential to a book. The development in the friendship of the characters in the first book is what paves a path to the other books in the trilogy.

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I have read that like so many times.

Manatee_WoohBooks I have never re-read a book... is it something a lot of people do? To all those who do re-read, isn’t it annoying not having all the surprises-like, you know what’s going to happen?
I absolutely love the hunger games but I would never re-read it... am I missing out?

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I have only reread one book and yes it was boring because I knew everything that happened

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I only re-read when I want to revisit those feelings That's the first time have me. You know?

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 2 comments Im ashley! I have only read one too! I really did enjoy it all.The movies are great but of course the books are different and better with some more details. You really need to read the books to fully appreciate Suzanne Collins' concept and idea. I thought the films were good but they were a little too empty in terms of the emotion and character development. Make sure you read the books before watching anymore!

Peyton (pemhorse8) I love the books and movies!!!!

message 43: by R (new) - added it

R (flipping_pages) | 92 comments I'm going to read the Hunger Games during my school camping next week

Peyton (pemhorse8) Cool!!!

Adrian | 2 comments I like the hunger games it is fun but kinda freaky :/

Grace Bittle Yes!

message 47: by Lucy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lucy | 152 comments There are no words to describe my emotions, about this book series.

message 48: by Emilie, professional fangirl (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilie | 1188 comments Mod
I only cried when Prim died :(

I love Rue, but she wasn't in the book enough for me to really grow attached to her.

message 49: by Empress X (new) - added it

Empress X (ladywhospeaksinpoetry) | 535 comments Oh.... idk who they are but they died. Lol that’s... uh sad.

message 50: by Emilie, professional fangirl (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emilie | 1188 comments Mod
Have you not read Hunger Games??

« previous 1