Teen Book Club discussion

Book Discussions > Harry Potter

Comments Showing 1-50 of 197 (197 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

olivia (oliviarose_) | 362 comments Mod
This is a discussion to discuss anything and everything Harry Potter!

message 2: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Do you guys think that Snape would have treated Harry differently if he looked like Lily and not James?

message 3: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

YESSS. I think part of the reason Snape treated Harry so poorly is that he resembled someone that had such a poor impact on Snape's childhood. Lily had a much more positive impact on Snape's childhood, so if he had seen more of Lily in Harry he would have been reminded of good times and treated him better.

message 4: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) That's also what I think too. Snape was never really able to move pass his rivalry with James. Have you seen a post that talks about why Snape treats Ron, Hermione, and Harry horribly. It says that Harry reminds him of James, Ron's hair reminds him of Lily, and Hermione's smarts reminds him of Lily too. So he might have treated Harry just a little bit better. But honestly, I definitely do not think that the resemblance to James and Lily should be used to justify Snape's fairly horrible treatment of them. Especially with Neville.

message 5: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

I totally agree with you. I've never heard of the resemblances between Lily and Ron and Hermione, but it sounds like an interesting idea. In the end, though Harry's resemblance to James does not justify Snape's actions at all.

message 6: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Yep.

message 7: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) I also don't ship Harry and Hermione. I am a big fan of Jily and would have loved if Remus and Sirius were together but I also really like Tonks.

message 8: by nicolette (new)

nicolette (nikkisreading) I love Tonks and Remus together. I think their relationship showed true love can happen to, anyone I guess? Because with the werewolf thing and making it work out. It made me happy that they were at least together in the end.

message 9: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) True and Teddy seems like cool character.

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I was so happy when Tonks was dating Remus but I was super pissed when they both died!!!

message 11: by nicolette (new)

nicolette (nikkisreading) Same!!

message 12: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

OMG same! It was so sad that baby Teddy was left without parents 😭

message 14: by Kyleigh (new)

Kyleigh Ruddy (hedgehogz4lyfe) | 3 comments Who else needs a Marauders centric prequel?

message 15: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Dude. That would be so awesome! I’ve never thought about that but that would be amazing to learn more about the Marauders!

message 16: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments I would like to learn more about Sirius Black actually.

message 17: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

E *Giving a fuck doesn't really go with my outfit* wrote: "WHY IS THIS A TOPIC HARRY POTTER IS THE WORST"

OHHHH MYYYY GOSHHHH! Harry Potter is the BEST series on the face of the earth! Have you ever actually read the books?

message 18: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

THEY ARE SO AMAZING THOUGH

message 19: by olivia, The All Mighty (new)

🤷🏼‍♀️😂

message 20: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments I couldn't read the book and the only movie I actually like is The Prisoner of Azkaban in which Sirius Black is actually in. He is the only character that I really like. Goblet of Fire is ok but that is only because David Tennant is in it. I did read the book: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and really liked it. I also liked the movie.

message 21: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) You’ve got to read the books you guys!! They are sooo good and if you’ve only watched the movies you need read the books for the full experience

message 22: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments I read the first two but couldn't get into them.

message 23: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Ok well, at least you tried and that is good.

message 24: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) One star of course..... Harry Potter is not a bad book! But everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I respect that.

message 25: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments I try to read any books. The worst book I've read was my business law book. I couldn't get past the fourth page.

message 26: by nicolette (new)

nicolette (nikkisreading) I had watched a few of the movies before but never read the books and once I did, oh boy I regretted not reading them sooner. I swear it is like my all time favorite.

message 27: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) I mean everyone has a different taste in books I guess. There is a book that I didn't really like and thought that it was over rated but apprently I am not allowed to say it in school lol.

message 28: by Kyleigh (new)

Kyleigh Ruddy (hedgehogz4lyfe) | 3 comments different strokes for different folks i guess

message 29: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) OMG that is an amazing saying!!

message 30: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Can I use it sometimes?

message 31: by Kyleigh (new)

Kyleigh Ruddy (hedgehogz4lyfe) | 3 comments of course! it’s a very versatile phrase

message 32: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Mercs!

message 33: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments Bhumika wrote: "I mean everyone has a different taste in books I guess. There is a book that I didn't really like and thought that it was over rated but apprently I am not allowed to say it in school lol."

School is like that. If it was me I would speak my mind. In fact in there have been many times that I have when it comes to books. Nobodies opinion should be silenced. Nobody should be judged because of their opinion because everyone is different. Such as my opinion about Harry Potter. When it came out it wasn't for me, not even the movies. Until I saw The Prisoner of Azkaban and was introduced to the character Sirius Black whom I really like. I am sad that he dies and that we didn't really get to know me. But that's me. It's no different than I love the Dark-Hunter series and The League series by Sherrilyn Kenyon when others don't.

message 34: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Honestly I just don't want people to bother me about it. Idc about going against their opinions lol

message 35: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla Sage (priscillasage) | 23 comments That works too.

message 37: by Bhumika (new)

Bhumika Devkota (devmika) Yea

message 39: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) YES!! I'm not a Slytherin but I hate how everyone thinks that all Slytherins are bad. They were treated so unfairly! Especially in the battle of Hogwarts

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I truly agree. They were looked at as they were monsters. Just because some of there parents were death eaters but that doesn't mean they are. There were treated poorly and so was Snape. They should have had a chance to fight. I am a slytherin and I believe we were treated wrong.

message 41: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Exactly Amy exactly

message 42: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) I’m sure you are a wonderful Slytherin

message 43: by nicolette (new)

nicolette (nikkisreading) I also agree with the fact that Slytherins were treated poorly, but tbh, I think Snape was just bad, and that isn't relating to the fact that he is a Slytherin. I absolutely despise him for multiple other reasons.

message 44: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Like. I have read it all.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma I agree, Snape may have "loved" Lily (he was more obsessed with her) but that doesn't excuse him from the way he abused Harry and pretty much every other student for years. And I still don't understand what's so special about him that Harry named his child after him.

message 46: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) SAME no hate people but i didn’t see much in Snape either and I didn’t really feel bad for him when Lily died I only felt bad for Harry

Amy (won't be online for a while. sorry to all the groups i'm in!) (mattbatt) | 272 comments I think there was a deeper meaning to Snape but he did treat some of his students like bloody idiots and did abuse them I agree. But still rip alan Rickman!!!!

message 48: by Empress X (new)

Empress X (ladywhospeaksinpoetry) | 535 comments I’m in the middle of Prisoner of Azkaban I love them! 😍

message 49: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) Yass another Potterhead!! Harry Potter is literally the best

message 50: by Grace (new)

Grace (thegoldfishwholived) I love Alan Rickman! But obviously he’s not the same as the character he played in Harry Potter

« previous 1 3 4