dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new) - rated it 5 stars

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 802 comments Mod
Our Series Read Along book for August is:

MAGIC RISES by Ilona Andrews
Kate Daniels #6

Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews

Please read and discuss below.

Mooncat | 3 comments What I like about this book is that IA manages to keep the story interesting even with Kate and Curran now officialy together. Okay, there are some bumps on the road, but so often, either it goes on and on with the sexual tension without the favorite couple ever really coming together or they do - and then all the sparks die. Not with those two, at least not yet. An I do have confidence that it will never happen to them.

Otherwise, it was interesting to see them venture abroad. It gave us a chance to see the world outside the familiar setting and how Kate and Curran and company navigate through the dangerous, treacherous and foreign lands.

Nonetheless, I'll be glad to return to all those who stayed behind.

Audrey Jane | 29 comments ^I concur.

Magic Rises is one of my favourite book in the series. And Hugh makes up for a lot of it. I like his character despite being a sick bastard. There's really a lot going on and the book succeeded to successfully included a bunch of (old) and new secondary characters. I feel like the series reached a turning point in this instalment. It's also the first time I shed a tear.

message 4: by Nikki (new) - added it

Nikki (withererose) Well I still haven't read this one yet but going to now definitely since it's the read along for the month and I just went to Barnes and Noble today to pick up an Anime magazine because it had Sailor Moon on it (favorite thing ever) and saw the next book of the series was out, in hardcover!!! Have any of the rest of the series been released in hardcover before? Just wondering because I've only seen paperbacks for the rest of the series, definitely gonna grab the next one though next payday that I have extra $$

message 5: by Cassie Cruel (last edited Jan 22, 2016 07:36AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 11 comments I liked this book, but hated Curran!!