Book Of the Month > August BOTM: BLOODLINES by Richelle Mead

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 809 comments Mod
The votes are in and our August Book of the Month is:

BLOODLINES by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead

Please read and discuss below with the rest of the group!

message 2: by K. (new)

K. | 96 comments I never finished the Vampire Academy Series. Do I need to before starting this book?

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) It says on goodreads from the reviews that it's a spinoff from Vampire Academy and uses some of the same characters so you might have to....after the reviews I've glanced through I don't feel comfortable even attempting to read it until I finish VA.....but who knows maybe someone else can help us?

message 4: by K. (new)

K. | 96 comments Nikki wrote: "It says on goodreads from the reviews that it's a spinoff from Vampire Academy and uses some of the same characters so you might have to....after the reviews I've glanced through I don't feel comfo..."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was wondering this!

message 5: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 809 comments Mod
Hmmm I never finished Vampire Academy either. Can someone offer some advice here?

message 6: by Audrey Jane (new)

Audrey Jane | 29 comments Like all of you I didn't finish the Vampire Academy series either. I read the first two and I wasn't that impressed.

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) From the synopsis and reviews it seems like you need to know the general background/characters from Vampire Academy......only reason I haven't started reading it yet....I don't wanna feel completely lost and lose time towards a book that I could actually enjoy lol

Ciara | 1 comments ive read both series completely and would say yes u need to read vampire academy to full understand why there even is a bloodlines :)

message 9: by K. (new)

K. | 96 comments Ciara wrote: "ive read both series completely and would say yes u need to read vampire academy to full understand why there even is a bloodlines :)"

Thanks for letting us know! I read the first 2 or 3 in VA and simply lost interest.

Vikki (silverstarz) I've read all the books in both series... at the very least you would need a synopsis of what happens in the VA books to understand everything going on in Bloodlines. It's due to events in the VA series that there is a Bloodlines series.

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki (withererose) Thank you guys for letting us know that you have to have read/finished/know about the other series to read this one. I will be cancelling my request at the library for this and read others

message 12: by Kimberlee (new)

Kimberlee I tried, but life got in the way and the book didn't grab me enough to make me ignore all of the other things clamboring for my attention. I've already picked up the next one :).