Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Jason Willow: Face Your Demons
This topic is about Jason Willow
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > New cover and author change

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gareth (new) - added it

Gareth Mottram (garethmottram) | 4 comments Hi
I'm the author of this book but I now go by Gareth Mottram not G.C.Mottram. Can I claim it please?

Once I claim the book, can I then update the cover image or do I create another cover edition (even though it will have the same ISBN)? Thank you.

Gareth

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25047 comments Fixed the author name on the linked book (it was the wrong format anyway.)

If there is a new cover, a new edition will have to be created, and that will be linked to the previous ones.

message 3: by Anita (new)

Anita Dawes | 4 comments I have tried to sort this out myself, but realise I need help.
My book Simple has a new cover, which I have created a new edition, added and combined, but refuses to show.
Also, More Lives has been updated and recovered and is now called Not My Life. Again I have created a new edition, added and combined, with no luck.
Please tell me where I am going wrong?
Anita Dawes

message 4: by Gareth (new) - added it

Gareth Mottram (garethmottram) | 4 comments Scott wrote: "Fixed the author name on the linked book (it was the wrong format anyway.)

If there is a new cover, a new edition will have to be created, and that will be linked to the previous ones."

Great - thanks for your help, Scott.

message 5: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Marie (jayemarie01btinternetcom) | 4 comments I have changed the cover and title on both my books, The Last Life now Out Of Time, and The Broken Life now CrossFire. I created new editions and added and combined them, but neither is showing.
Please sort this out for me as I am pulling my hair out!
Jaye Marie

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25047 comments Anita and Jaye, I will take a look at your books, but in the future please start a new thread if an existing thread is link to a specific book.

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 25047 comments Anita wrote: "I have tried to sort this out myself, but realise I need help.
My book Simple has a new cover, which I have created a new edition, added and combined, but refuses to show.
Also, More Lives has been..."

Anita, your books are all showing on your profile for me. If you would like to set a particular edition as default, you can do that from the book's edit page.

message 8: by Scott (last edited Jun 27, 2018 07:43AM) (new)

Scott | 25047 comments Jaye wrote: "I have changed the cover and title on both my books, The Last Life now Out Of Time, and The Broken Life now CrossFire. I created new editions and added and combined them, but neither is showing.
Pl..."

Jaye, your books are there as well. If you would like to set the new editions as default, you can go into each book's edit page and do it from there.

message 9: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Marie (jayemarie01btinternetcom) | 4 comments I have tried. They change, but don't stay changed.

message 10: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26903 comments Instructions for setting a default edition are in msg #4

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

If you still can't get it to work, you'll need to contact support, as librarians cannot do this.

support @ goodreads (dot) com OR
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 11: by Jaye (new)

Jaye Marie (jayemarie01btinternetcom) | 4 comments Thanks for trying anyway!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.