What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Emako Blue
This topic is about Emako Blue
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A story narrated by other characters about a girl's end. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maya (new)

Maya | 5 comments Hey everyone, haven’t been on here in a really long time but I need your help again. I read this book in high school (2014/2015{the book was very new I believe}) about this girl, I believe she was African American. The only thing I remember about the book was that the story was narrated by other characters like the girls friends and her brother I think and a guy she was interested in. I really don’t remember much else other than that her brother was in a gang and she often never saw him, but the day he visited home, someone planned to shoot him and shot her instead. The whole story is about every moment that lead up to that scene. The girl is a high school student and everyone started talking about how beautiful she was. I remember in high school when I was reading it, I couldn’t wait to read her side of the story but I guess that was the author’s intentions. She built up this amazing story about a girl and made you wish you could ask her for closure but you just never got it. I apologize in advance for my lack of detail, but that’s all I remember about the book. It was fiction and it was a small book, nothing big like a novel or anything. Short and sweet. I do believe that the author was female. Thankyou for your time.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37561 comments Mod
Emako Blue by Brenda Woods seems to match your description. Check out this review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Google search -- site:www.goodreads.com "young adult" urban gang "her brother" shot

message 3: by Maya (new)

Maya | 5 comments Yesssss. Thankyou sooo much. Just picked it up at the bookstore. Thankyou so much 💙

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37561 comments Mod
Great! Glad we could help, Maya.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Emako Blue (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Brenda Woods (other topics)