Obsessed with True Crime discussion

Movies/TV Shows/ Podcasts > The Last Defense

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I've been watching a True Crime show on ABC for the last couple of weeks. Its about Darlie Routier a Texas woman convicted of stabbing her 2 young sons to death. Each week cover a different aspect of the case starting with Darlie's upbringing.

Tonight's episode covered the trial and it seems like the whole case is based on how Darlie liked to spend money and how she looked.

I'd heard of this case before and it always bothered me that people judged the way she grieved. It always annoys me when people say someone isn't grieving right. I don't cry or show much emotion and when I'm sad I try to make people laugh, so if someone I loved was murdered people would probably think I was guilty because I would be cracking jokes.

I'm rambling so I'm going to stop now, but if you guys get a chance check this show out.

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14140 comments Are they coming to any solid conclusions? And if so, do you agree with them?

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments So far the show is leaning towards saying Darlie deserves a new trial.

Yes, I think she should get a new trial. They're doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence of her guilt. All the "evidence" was about her character and how she didn't behave the way a good mother would. Prosecution used the fact that Darlie & her husband played Coolio's Gangsters Paradise at the boys funeral. It was the boys favorite song.

message 4: by Fishface (last edited Jun 28, 2018 08:13AM) (new)

Fishface | 14140 comments Am I remembering wrong? I thought Darlie was a tear-stained mess for months, as any mom in her position would be when the kids all died.

The West Memphis Three are living proof that you don't need a scrap of evidence to get a conviction.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments No Darlie was the once who sprayed the Silly String at her sons grave for his birthday.

message 6: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14140 comments I thought that was someone else. This is what I get for not reading every word available on every case.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments There's a lot of crime out there, you can't remember everything.

message 8: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14140 comments >>sob<<

message 9: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3435 comments Mod
Fishface wrote: ">>sob<<"

There their they're

::pats Ff on the head::

message 10: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 14140 comments >>sniffle<<

thank you

>>sob<<

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 178 comments Erin I was so angry that Darlie sprayed silly string on both of her sons graves for both of they’re birthdays