Advanced Copies for Review & Book Giveaways discussion

Group Discussion > Avid Reader & Book Reviewer

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Literary (last edited Jun 26, 2018 07:46PM) (new)

Literary  (literarygemini) | 2 comments Looking for a Reviews?

I’m an avid reader that reads often and post reviews.

You can find many of my reviews on my profile.

I can post written reviews (ebooks), or both written and video (hard copies only).

Depending on the length of the book as well as my time constraint and other reviews I usually post reviewed within three days of finishing the book.

It can take me up to a week to finish the review.

If interested you can reach me via messages on here or my website, www.vixenbookaddict.

I post on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and my website.

If sending a book to my email, I only accept mobi and PDF copies.

The genres I receive are

Fiction
Romance (any sub genre)
Erotica
Mystery
Thriller
Horror
Suspense
Sci-fi

Non-Fiction

Mind/Health/Body
Fertility/Infertility
Farm/Homestead
Cooking
YA

Please include if you need the review at a certain date, type of review (if sending a hard copy), length of book (pages/chapter).

message 2: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Miranda | 59 comments Hi Nicola,
I have a paranormal urban fantasy trilogy for which I would love to get some reviews, the first two novellas are published already, third is coming to the ARC stage. I'll leave the links here so you can check them out, if interested, please DM me and I'll send you copies

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4BQKY4
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DH8HJZP

Ruth Miranda

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela (angiebaldwin) | 13 comments I'm very interested in reviewing these books and would love a copy of the ARC as well. Paper or Mobi versions please.

alldaschwindts42216@gmail.com

message 4: by Cortez (new)

Cortez III | 53 comments Hi Nicole:

I read some of the bio info' and you wrote you liked anything Russian plus mystery/suspense/thriller genres. Would you like to review my suspense novel, KREMLIN TIDE? It's 405 pages/100 chapters and the first in the Atlanta X-Men Homicide Squad series. It's available in the .mobi and PDF formats you wanted. Thanks for consideration, Nicole!

message 5: by Literary (new)

Literary  (literarygemini) | 2 comments I do! I’m not sure where my love of Russian came from but I’m happy to review your book.

My website is down for maintenance. Mobi or PDF can be emailed to author-request@vixenbookaddict.com

Thanks for asking me. :)

message 6: by Cortez (new)

Cortez III | 53 comments Hey, thank you for the opportunity, Nicole! Will send it to you today.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angiebaldwin) | 13 comments Hi Mr Law! Id love to read your book as well. Can i get a mobi copy sent to alldaschwindts42216@gmail.com?

message 8: by Cortez (new)

Cortez III | 53 comments Angela wrote: "Hi Mr Law! Id love to read your book as well. Can i get a mobi copy sent to alldaschwindts42216@gmail.com?"

You sure can, Angela. Will send it to you in a few minutes! Thanks!

message 9: by Dave (new)

Dave Edlund (dedlund) | 7 comments Greetings Nicole. Looks like you're getting flooded with review requests :-) I'll toss one of my books out for you to consider, Deadly Savage Deadly Savage. It involves a Russian plot to crush NATO, and the efforts of a very small group of civilians to stop it. Let me know if you'd like a copy (can provide paper or Kindle). Cheers!

message 10: by E.R. (new)

E.R. Yatscoff (focstay) Nicole wrote: "Looking for a Reviews?

I can post written reviews (ebooks), or both written and video (hard..."

I write crime thrillers, YA, and MG novels. I was unjustly caught in the Amazon 'fake review' sweep a few years ago and haven't recovered. My website is yatscoffbooks.com email me for a freebie code at Smashwords.com egyatscoff@shaw.ca https://www.smashwords.com/books/sear...
Teeth of the Cocodrilo by E. R. Yatscoff

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Miranda | 59 comments Angela wrote: "I'm very interested in reviewing these books and would love a copy of the ARC as well. Paper or Mobi versions please.

alldaschwindts42216@gmail.com"

Hi Angela, just wondering if you meant my novels??

message 12: by Hank (new)

Hank Quense | 80 comments I'm looking for reviews on Sam: Book 5 of the Zaftan Troubles. The book starts a new adventure in the series and is independent of the first four books. It's a space opera lampoon and filled with military and political satire.
The ebook is available in epub, pdf and mobi formats

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Crunden | 7 comments Hi Nicole,

I have three books I'm seeking honest reviews for and was wondering if you'd be interested in leaving reviews for any of them? I'm leaving all three with summaries below.

All characters are 20+ years old. No explicit sex, but warnings for language, violence and drug usage. Offering pdf copies for honest reviews. :)

A Touch of Death (The Outlands Pentalogy #1) by Rebecca Crunden
A Touch of Death
genre: sci-fi/dystopian, adventure, romance
notes about series: each book changes POV, central pairings for the series are m/f and m/m, with background pairings across the board.

A thousand years in the future, the last of humanity live inside the walls of the totalitarian Kingdom of Cutta. The rich live in Anais, the capital city of Cutta, sheltered from the famine and disease which ravage the rest of the Kingdom. Yet riches and power only go so far, and even Anaitians can be executed. It is only by the will of the King that Nate Anteros, son of the King’s favourite, is spared from the gallows after openly dissenting. But when he’s released from prison, Nate disappears.

A stark contrast, Catherine Taenia has spent her entire life comfortable and content. The daughter of the King’s Hangman and in love with Thom, Nate’s younger brother, her life has always been easy, ordered and comfortable. That is, where it doesn’t concern Nate. His actions sullied not only his future, but theirs. And unlike Thom, Catherine has never forgiven him.

Two years pass without a word, and then one night Nate returns. But things with Nate are never simple, and when one wrong move turns their lives upside down, the only thing left to do is run where the King’s guards cannot find them – the Outlands. Those wild, untamed lands which stretch around the great walls of the Kingdom, filled with mutants and rabids.

A Game of Wings and Marks by Rebecca Crunden
A Game of Wings and Marks
genre: angels/demons, urban fantasy, romance

When Octavia Coal goes to the mountains to clear her head, she doesn’t expect to find an angel in trouble.

He tells her his name is Tamiel and he’s one of the Irin – the army of angels tasked with keeping demons from overwhelming humanity. But Tamiel broke a sacred law – he fell in love with a human – and now he’s being hunted by the same angels he once served.

With nowhere else to go, Octavia and Tamiel – along with Jack, the human in question, and her brother Caleb – appeal directly to Zev, the Demon of Games. A trickster of unparalleled power, Zev gives nothing for free, and the gift he offers Octavia to keep Tamiel alive comes with a confusing catch: He makes her the Healer of Raphael, archangel and Commander of the Irin.

Suddenly a target for both angels and demons, Octavia quickly learns that the only way to survive is to play the game better than they do.

The only problem is, she doesn’t know whose game she’s playing …

Haze by Rebecca Crunden
Haze
genre: paranormal/ghosts, urban fantasy, mystery

When Eliza Owens gets a phone call in the middle of the night from a girl she’s never met, she doesn’t know what to think. The girl introduces herself as Paige, and says she used to date Erik Stern, Eliza’s fiancé. What’s more, she has something important to discuss.

The only problem? Paige has been dead for years.

Believing it to be a sick prank, Eliza tries to force it from her mind until Sam, Eliza’s older sister, tells her she met Paige only a few weeks before. And, according to Sam, Paige has nothing nice to say about Erik.

The fight which follows shatters the lives of everyone involved, and Erik disappears without a trace.

Five years later, Erik returns to town after his father’s death. Old wounds quickly resurface, and with them several burning questions. None the least of which is: Who spoke to Eliza and Sam if it wasn’t Paige? And why?

If you're interested in reviewing one/more than one, I can email a pdf copy. :)

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lafferty | 3 comments Nicole, if your're interested in reviewing biographies I need a review of my non-fiction bio Movie Dynasty Princesses: Irene Mayer Selznick and Edith Mayer Goetz

The fascinating lives of celebrated Broadway producer Irene Mayer Selznick (A Streetcar Named Desire; The Chalk Garden) and leading socialite Edith Mayer Goetz are explored in this revealing double bio.

As the daughters of iconic MGM mogul Louis B. Mayer, they were Hollywood royalty. Through their marriages to high-profile film producers - Irene to David O. Selznick (Gone with the Wind) and Edith to future Universal mogul William Goetz - the sisters each carved out her own distinctive niche in Hollywood while supporting and influencing their husbands' work.

Edie rose to prominence as queen bee of movie-industry society. Irene left her husband and started a new life in New York, where she embarked on an ambitious career as a theatrical producer, not only succeeding with major hit plays, but blazing a trail for women in the theater.

Set against the glamorous backdrop of Hollywood's Golden Age and postwar Broadway, Movie Dynasty Princesses chronicles the exciting, inspiring, and sometimes heartbreaking journeys of these rivalrous sisters who strove to make their dreams come true.

I can send a pdf, Let me know if interested, thanks.

message 15: by Stewart (new)

Stewart Clyde (stewartclydeauthor) | 14 comments Literary wrote: "Looking for a Reviews?

I can post written reviews (ebooks), or both written and video (hard..."

Are you interested in reading a revenge adventure-thriller, before it is released, in exchange for an Amazon review.

If yes, please sign up for advanced reader copies of SCORPION HUNTER at http://stewartclydeauthor.com/arc/ and I will send you the advanced eBook copy a few weeks before the release date.

Back cover:

A DIAMOND

A boy wakes to find men waiting outside their remote African farmhouse. That night he sees his parents brutally murdered. The boy is Stirling Hunt.

A CARTEL

Now an ex-Marine and Special Forces interrogator, Stirling accepts a mission to recover a rare red diamond deep in southern Africa. He is thrust into a dangerous game between a cold-blooded cartel and an international intelligence agency. When the mission goes wrong, Stirling is a wanted man.

AN OATH OF VENGEANCE

He goes on the run, pursued by secret police and the cartel. Both want the diamond back. He is in a race against time to save himself and his team, and avenge his parents’ deaths. Stirling will use all of his cunning, tradecraft and wit to escape. Can he bring the killers to justice?

THE HUNT IS ON

If you'd like to read the first chapter (for free) you can find it at: https://www.wattpad.com/716537235-sco...

If you'd like to sign up for the latest release dates, Stirling Hunt Thriller news and free stuff, please go to www.stewartclydeauthor.com/#signup

Thanks for reading and supporting!

Stewart Clyde

message 16: by Randall (new)

Randall Barsch Hello,

I recently published my novel White Oak Casket through Amazon. It's centered around a wild drinking binge and is about dealing through grief and tragedy with the help of friends and family. It's 184 pages and 19 chapters. I can provide a pdf copy and I was wondering if you would be interested in reviewing it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...