What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > NA (Mystery/crime) Romance; hero wants revenge on the heroine for making them serve a sentence in prison for so many years. (BTW the hero didn't do anything bad) - The heroin doesn't understand or known of his hate towards her. Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 3 comments I read this book about a year ago and I don't remember what it is called but the book sort of goes backwards and forwards in time. It shows what happened in the past and how it has affected the relationship of the hero and heroin in the present.

Plot:

- The book starts of with the first chapter of the past. The past being about (less then) 10 years ago (I think). The heroin was in a relationship with the hero's brother and she has a crush the hero, being the older brother.

- However in the present time the hero HATES the heroin because he thinks she was the reason his friends where sent to prison and arrested because of something that happened in the past. He thinks that he was betrayed by someone he liked and had a close friendly relationship with.

- The hero is really close with his friends.

- The hero wants revenge in the heroin for making then serve a sentence in prison for so many years. (BTW the hero didn't do anything bad)

- The heroin doesn't understand or known of his hate towards her.

- The heroin is close to the hero's family and had always been, since she was little due to her relationship with the hero's brother.

- The heroin brok me up with hero's brother a while back and his a sociopath who is obsessed with her (which she doesn't know YET)

- The heroin moves to a different city/ town/ state to get on with her life and her ex'a mother recomands she love at this apartment complex which she knows is really good and affordable. The apartment building is owned by the hero which the heroin doesn't know. She is given this big fancy soon one of the top floors, a really expensive apartment that she doesn't know she isn't paying full rent for because of the owner and his mother.

-The apartment is also like a big hotel.

-The hero lives in the top and most expensive apartment (cos it's his building).

- In one part of the book the hero is looking down at the heoins apartment from his own and watching her paint her house in the middle of the night. He is with his friends. The ones that are still scared from prison as they are planning on destroying her.

- ...... (alot of stuff happens)

- At the end the hero finds out the heroin wasn't to blame for his friends
going to prison but his brother and one I his other friends where.

- In the last the brother had manhandled and threatened the heroin pretending to be the hero so she would stay away from his brother Because he was jealous. He did a load of other shit and framed the hero which is why the heroin had hated the hero.

- The hero realised he was wrong to hate the heroin as she didn't get his friends sentenced and he had misunderstood her in the past, the day his friends where arrested because on that day she said they deserved it. He had thought this meant she had them arrested and therefore hated and blamed her for no reason.

- ex (The brother) kidnaps the heroin in a boat (fancy boat).

- Brother tried to kill hero and heroin and in the end dies as he is dropped into the river beging his brother not to kill him (ironically).

* The hero and heroin have sex at a catacomb at the end. (present)

* Party at the catacomb where there is an orgy in the past where the heroin had to go through blindfolded by the hero which turned her on. (Past)

message 2: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 3 comments I have never been a fan of (forgot the name of genre) threesom books, where the story revolves around a woman and two men having sex and feelings for each other. But their is one really good threesome "scene" where the girl is with the hero and his best friend at the showers of an all men's... like a gym. The heroin was originally their to do fencing because there was no other mix or all women's place to do it. She covered her face in the fencing gear and faught and later had sex with the hero and his friend in the showers. This was only a one time thing which the heroin later clarified to the friend who already knew this.

message 3: by Spockles (new)

Spockles | 199 comments Corrupt by Penelope Douglas?

message 4: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jun 26, 2018 06:38PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
What had the H's friends done to get sent to jail?
Where is this set--it almost sounds like it might be Italy or Greece or maybe France--is that so?
What does the heroine do for a living?
Was the book new or a recent release when you read it?
What format did you read it in--dead tree, electrons, audio?

And I've added a Spoiler alert to your thread title. Spoilers are allowed and even encouraged in this group, we just like it if you put an alert before they pop up.

message 5: by Tasnima (new)

Tasnima | 3 comments Holy shit 😮, I think it might be Corrupt. I've read this auther before and wasn't a huge fan but I loved a few of her books. This book actualy sounds like the book I was looking for.

Thanks, Amanda

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36481 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Corrupt by Penelope Douglas - Spockles' suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=le5... There are different cover images. Is this your book?

message 7: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Tasnima1329, please let us know if Corrupt was your book. We love to know so that we can mark it as Solved and shelve the book. Thanks!

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40558 comments Mod
Tasnima, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Corrupt (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Penelope Douglas (other topics)