Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: BOM/SGOM > July 2018 SGOM: ♥Office Romance

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited Jun 26, 2018 05:50PM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

♥ Office Romance: Read books in which two members of a business establishment—whether coworkers in an office or on a shop floor or even a boss and employee—become romantically involved with one another.

Listopia:
Office Romances

Erotic Office Romances

In Love with the Boss Romances

Romances at work

Love/hate relationships at office

And many more...

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (last edited Jun 26, 2018 05:40PM) (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I'm in. I'll read Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly Phillips Dare to Love by Carly Phillips

message 4: by Anita (last edited Jun 26, 2018 06:43PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I'm in too. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I've heard great thing about this book.

Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly Phillips Dare to Love is free on Amazon.

message 5: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 361 comments I'll reread Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2) by Nalini Singh .

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 230 comments Anita wrote: "I'm in too. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I've heard great thing about this book.

Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly Phillips [book:..."

My favorite office romance book by far. Hope you enjoy it!

message 7: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 27, 2018 09:17AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Anita wrote: "I'm in too. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. I've heard great thing about this book.

Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly Phillips book:..."

Ooh! Did love The Hating Game. Another I’d recommend is Dating You / Hating You by Christina Lauren.

message 8: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oooh I might reread (relisten) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne , I loved it so much.

message 9: by Karishma (new)

Karishma (karishmanewar) I like office romances. Looking forward to adding books to my shelf based on what everyone reads.

message 10: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments The Hating Game by Sally Thorne is on Amazon for $1.99.

message 11: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Sandra J wrote: "I'll reread Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2) by Nalini Singh."

ahhh i loved that series! want to reread.

i love a good office romance, so i'm going to read Hero (Hero, #1) by Samantha Young

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments ShoSho wrote: "Oooh I might reread (relisten) The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, I loved it so much."

Yes, I'm tempted to reread (relisten), too!

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments The Hating Game by Sally Thorne is in the Audible US sale too.

I'm leaning toward Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie , though one of Molly Harper's Bluegrass books would be fun as well. Crusie does have a number of good ones for this category, though.

message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie by Jennifer Crusie is a wonderful, funny book. I loved it and anything Jennifer Crusie ever wrote. So sad she isn't writing anymore.

message 15: by Robin (last edited Jul 01, 2018 03:37PM) (new)

Robin (robinmy) Lara wrote: "The Hating Game by Sally Thorne is in the Audible US sale too.

I'm leaning toward Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie, though one of Molly Harper's Bluegrass books would be fun as w..."

Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie is one of the books I'm thinking about reading too. I love her writing.

message 16: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) Anita wrote: "Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie by Jennifer Crusie is a wonderful, funny book. I loved it and anything Jennifer Crusie ever wrote. So sad she isn't writing anymore."

I didn't know she quit writing. Too bad. I love her books.

message 17: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Robin wrote: "Anita wrote: "Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie by Jennifer Crusie is a wonderful, funny book. I loved it and anything Jennifer Crusie ever wrote. So sad she isn't writing anymore."

I di..."

i didn't know she quit either :( her books are fabulous!

message 18: by Anita (last edited Jul 01, 2018 04:03PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Jennifer Crusie's last book was a 2010 collaboration Maybe This Time by Jennifer Crusie . The Christmas novella Hot Toy by Jennifer Crusie was published in 2015, but I think it had been published earlier in an anthology.

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "

I'm leaning toward Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie, ."

It sounds like a good one.

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) As I understand it, she got some sort of writer’s block and hasn’t written anything new in years. I follow her as I enjoyed several of her books. Such a shame.

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments ShoSho wrote: "Lara wrote: "

I'm leaning toward Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie, ."

It sounds like a good one."

I started listening to it last night. There are some real surprises in it. And it definitely doesn't fit some of today's sensibilities, but I haven't found anything offensive, personally.

message 22: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Jonetta wrote: "As I understand it, she got some sort of writer’s block and hasn’t written anything new in years. I follow her as I enjoyed several of her books. Such a shame."

I hadn't realized she'd stopped writing either, probably because I only recently started reading her books. It's too bad, though I understand that writing comedy can be very difficult.

message 23: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments The only other author that can make me laugh out loud is Janet Evanovich. I really wish that Jennifer Crusie would write again, I really miss her mix of hot romance and humor.

message 24: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Just adding my strong recommendation for The Hating Game by Sally Thorne - it was one of my favorite books in 2017.

I also enjoyed Rock Hard (Rock Kiss, #2) by Nalini Singh and Legal Affairs (Legal Affairs, #1) by Sawyer Bennett by Sawyer Bennett is also a winner.

Sad to hear about Crusie losing her muse.

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jul 03, 2018 06:04PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lauren wrote: "Just adding my strong recommendation for The Hating Game by Sally Thorne - it was one of my favorite books in 2017.

I started listening to it again. It's as fantastic as the first time.

message 26: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments They volunteer on the same Search and Rescue team, does that count? I say yes, so . . .
Holding On (Colorado High Country #6) by Pamela Clare Holding On by Pamela Clare 4-Stars
How do you overcome survivor's guilt?
My Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 27: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Another one that stretches the category, but it's really, really great. She is undercover as the assistant to the rich son of the Sec. of Defense. She is actually his bodyguard. He's self absorbed and she ends up with the SEAL who rescues them.

One Intrepid SEAL (Mission Six #1) by Elle James One Intrepid SEAL by Elle James 5-Stars
Fabulous Romance-Action-Adventure

message 28: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae Thanks for the rec. Anita.

message 29: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments I just read two parts of a serial novel that dealt with an office romance: Dating in the Dark and Sinking in the Shadows by Alexandria Bishop. They weren't bad, for serial novels, but not that great either.

message 30: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments Well, Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie is definitely office romance, as opposed to workplace romance. The heroine has a romance with her boss, and there is plenty of hanky panky in the office as well. I'm most of the way through now, and have mixed feelings about how each of the leads are dealing with things.

Plus, there are additional relationships that play supporting roles and are messy in different ways. And there's a mystery. This feels like a longer book, and there is a lot going on, though there are also a lot of interrelated characters.

Carly - Resident Supergirl | 275 comments The Hating Game is SOOOO good, if you haven't read it I HIGHLY recommend it. One of the best contemporary,funny, slow burns I've ever read.

For me I'll read: Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid

message 32: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid was a fun book. I did like it, but first person POV and contemporary romance are just not my genre.

message 33: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly Phillips Dare to Love by Carly Phillips
Trust is the Foundation of Love

message 34: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 230 comments Phoenix (Online Elf) wrote: "♥ Office Romance: Read books in which two members of a business establishment—whether coworkers in an office or on a shop floor or even a boss and employee—become romantically involved with one ano..."

I finally got to the top of my library queue for Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase so that's my pick.

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm going to start my second book Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie

message 36: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) Rebecca wrote: "I finally got to the top of my library queue for Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase so that's my pick."

I started listening to Tangled this week. I'm still deciding if I like it. Are you listening or reading?

message 37: by Lara (new)

Lara | 2335 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to start my second book Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie"

How are you liking it so far?

message 38: by Ipshita (new)

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 397 comments I read 69 Million Things I Hate About You (Winning the Billionaire, #1) by Kira Archer a few months ago, but it's stuck in my mind for some reason. And I just cannot remember why I rated it 4 stars when I enjoyed it so much (maybe I was having a bad day?). So I'm planning to re-read it. I loved the heroine and the banter between the MCs. Definitely recommending it to everyone here :)

message 39: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited Jul 14, 2018 01:00PM) (new)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to start my second book Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie"

I like Jennifer Crusie's novels.

message 40: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammycataspires) | 2 comments I currently started reading His Distraction Only a few chapters in so far.

message 41: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments ⚜️Trea wrote: "I'm in. I'll read Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly PhillipsDare to Love by Carly Phillips"

I'm actually hating this book right now...the serial I read earlier this month was better than this, and I hate serials with a passion! Haven't finished it, so will reserve final judgement until then.

message 42: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jul 15, 2018 09:18PM) (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Lara wrote: "ShoSho wrote: "I'm going to start my second book Fast Women by Jennifer Crusie"

How are you liking it so far?"

I finished it last night. Hard to say how I feel about it. The romance was okay, if I ignore that she slept with his cousin girst!
The mystery was too complicated, I'm not sure who did what even at the end. Not because it was too smart but because of too many names and characters involved!
I enjoyed reading about Nell and Suze and their struggles with life and marriage.
I ended up giving it 3 stars.
How about you?

message 43: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments ⚜️Trea wrote: "⚜️Trea wrote: "I'm in. I'll read Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly PhillipsDare to Love by Carly Phillips"

I'm actually hating this book right now...the serial I read earlier this month was..."

Huh that bad?!

message 44: by ⚜️XAR, Moderator (new)

⚜️XAR the Bookwyrm (duskrider3740) | 1319 comments ShoSho wrote: "⚜️Trea wrote: "⚜️Trea wrote: "I'm in. I'll read Dare to Love (Dare to Love, #1) by Carly PhillipsDare to Love by Carly Phillips"

I'm actually hating this book right now...the serial I read earlier...

Huh that bad?!"

Yeah, for me it was. I'm about to review it, but I was rolling my eyes a lot at Ian and Alex's antics. I felt that Riley let herself get stuck in between them and that made her more of a doormat to me. I own some of the other books in the series, so we'll see how it goes later on.

message 45: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 230 comments Rebecca wrote: "Phoenix (Online Elf) wrote: "♥ Office Romance: Read books in which two members of a business establishment—whether coworkers in an office or on a shop floor or even a boss and employee—become roman..."

This was "eh" for me. I'm on to my next two books for this month: Hero (Hero, #1) by Samantha Young Hero and 69 Million Things I Hate About You (Winning the Billionaire, #1) by Kira Archer 69 Million Things I Hate About You

message 46: by ShoSho , Moderator (new)

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Rebecca wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "69 Million Things I Hate About You (Winning the Billionaire, #1) by Kira Archer"

I got that from my elibrary yesterday. I'm going to read it too.

message 47: by Becca (new)

Becca (ladybeccaboo) | 230 comments Rebecca wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "Phoenix (Online Elf) wrote: "♥ Office Romance: Read books in which two members of a business establishment—whether coworkers in an office or on a shop floor or even a boss and emplo..."

Hero wasn't great, but 69 Million Things I Hate About You was cute. Reminded me of The Hating Game. Now I'm going to track down a copy of that from my library and re-read it.

message 48: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 607 comments I didn't care for Hero (Hero, #1) by Samantha Young either. A rare 2-Star read for me. I guess you can't believe all the reviews. But, I do believe the reviews for:
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Hating Game by Sally Thorne 5-Stars
The kind of Rom-Com Hollywood doesn't make anymore

Wonderful, fun book. I loved it.

message 49: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (sammycataspires) | 2 comments Samantha wrote: "I currently started reading His Distraction Only a few chapters in so far."

Finished it a few days ago. Was delightfully surprised by how much I truly enjoyed it.

message 50: by Kristen (last edited Jul 20, 2018 01:30PM) (new)

Kristen (kristenlees) Anita wrote: "I didn't care for Hero (Hero, #1) by Samantha Young either. A rare 2-Star read for me. I guess you can't believe all the reviews. But, I do believe the reviews for:
The Hating Game by Sally Thorne [bo..."

uh-oh, i still haven't gotten to Hero but i've liked her other books so fingers crossed. i've read quite a few duds lately and they are all highly rated.. so annoying. i absolutely loved 69 Million Things I Hate About You! the second and third were okay, but not as fabulous.

« previous 1