What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Life, Interrupted
This topic is about Life, Interrupted
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fiction, teen boy with younger brother, mum dies of cancer, uncle is gay. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cocoa (last edited Jun 26, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Cocoa (brandedcocoabeans) | 16 comments The protagonist is a young(ish) teen boy. He has a younger brother who is often injured at school. One day his brother is particularly badly injured and has to go to the hospital where their mother works as a nurse, and the protagonist goes with him.

When they get there the protagonist is met by a fellow nurse friend of the mother, who says something along the lines of "how come you're here so quickly", it turns out the mother had collapsed at work earlier in the day(she had ben feeling ill before she went to work that morning I think). The uncle (mother's brother) comes to look after the boys whilst the mum is in hospital. Turns out the mum has cancer.

(view spoiler)

I think that I read this between 2010-2015, and as far as I can remember it was set in the UK. (Theres a very small possibility it was on the shortlist for the Carnegie medal at some point, but I'm very unsure on this)

Thanks for the help!

message 2: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments Life, Interrupted possibly?

message 3: by Cocoa (new)

Cocoa (brandedcocoabeans) | 16 comments Thank you so much that’s exactly it! Weeks of googling get nothing, and then I come here and someone finds it almost instantly!