Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

New book versus re-reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michele (new)

Michele Imagine you have a pile of unread books on your bedside table, you feel very excited to start any of them, but you are in a reading slump... starting a new book feels like a lot of work but at the same time you would like to keep discovering new worlds . Then an old friend peeks at you from the bookshelf, a book you have read many times, already familiar to you, an easy way out from the slump. Here is my question- do you force yourself to find the strength to start off new and widen your spectrum with the new book from your pile? Or do you grab the good old friend from the shelf, re-reading it in hopes of lighting the fire of desire to read again?

message 2: by Michele (new)

Michele Note! This "discussion" thread wouldn' allow me to post this discussion without adding a book that "the discussion is about", so I had to add twilight there ( which is the so called " old friend " that I mentioned) .

message 3: by Daan (new) - rated it 1 star

Daan I try to read as many different books as possible. But it must stay enjoyable, so returning to some good old friends once in a while is part of that. I know some of them so well I can read them through very quickly.

message 4: by Michele (new)

Michele Olivia wrote: "Michele wrote: "Note! This "discussion" thread wouldn' allow me to post this discussion without adding a book that "the discussion is about", so I had to add twilight there ( which is the so called..."

I do the same thing! I have 3 books currently that I've read about halfway and now I feel kind of stuck haha. It's not that they are bad books, not at all... Honestly Ican't think of a reason why I'm stuck

message 5: by Michele (new)

Michele Daan wrote: "I try to read as many different books as possible. But it must stay enjoyable, so returning to some good old friends once in a while is part of that. I know some of them so well I can read them thr..."
To me twilight is an old friend that I have not visited in years, I was a huuuuge fan of it back when the whole saga and the movies came out but then I grew up I guess... But a part of me is curious about reading it again to see if I could still enjoy it since I used to read it probably like 5 times at least.

message 6: by Daan (new) - rated it 1 star

Daan Michele wrote: "Daan wrote: "I try to read as many different books as possible. But it must stay enjoyable, so returning to some good old friends once in a while is part of that. I know some of them so well I can ..."

Every time you read a book again you find new things in it to love, loathe and learn. So it is worth doing it.

Kerri Davis I would choose the reread. It always brings me out of my reading slump.

message 8: by Michele (new)

Michele Kerri wrote: "I would choose the reread. It always brings me out of my reading slump."

I actually managed to pull myself together and finish one of the books I was in the middle of. But now I feel like I am falling in the slump again hahha!! Maybe re reading twilight will save me

message 9: by Michele (new)

Michele Olivia wrote: "Michele wrote: "Kerri wrote: "I would choose the reread. It always brings me out of my reading slump."

I actually managed to pull myself together and finish one of the books I was in the middle of..."

I read hone girl and it was quite good. Also twilight because it used to be my fave book back when I was a teenager so its close to my heart😂

message 10: by Stacey (last edited Jul 05, 2018 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Stacey When I'm in this situation I usually start/pick out something new in a genre that I haven't touched lately and try to read in a different location. Usually a change of scenery and writing style/content gets me out of a slump while continuing to explore new things! :)

Sometimes I just tell myself that I'm going to watch a movie tonight instead and not let myself feel guilty for passing on reading temporarily!

If you're feeling the need for familiarity and want to try to always be reading new things at the same time...I find reading series can really help as long as the books don't end in cliffhangers! It can give me a sense of familiarity to pick up the next title in a series that I started a while ago but at the same time have me exploring new content!

Also if you have a couple authors you've always enjoyed, try a different title by them! Sometimes I find that knowing beforehand that you'll really love something (not just being excited by the synopsis) can help you out of a slump too and get you excited to read again!