NYC New York City bookworms discussion

22 views
Bookexpo/bookcon BEA

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arista (new)

Arista | 4 comments Mod
Has anyone ever attended? How did you like it? What was it like?


message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments Arista wrote: "Has anyone ever attended? How did you like it? What was it like?"

I've attended for a couple of years, it's been fun, a bit crowded for BookCon, but this year it wasn't that bad.


message 3: by Arista (new)

Arista | 4 comments Mod
Who did you meet? Did you get any books signed? Any book giveaways?


message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments Arista wrote: "Who did you meet? Did you get any books signed? Any book giveaways?"

this past one I met Leigh Bardugo, Victoria Schwab, Holly Black, Laini Taylor, Laurie Forest, Julie Kagawa, A.C. Gaughen, Rebecca Hanover, Heidi Heilig, Marie Lu, and quite a few more

I got quite a few books/arcs signed, a lot of the arc I got were technically giveaway, but there it's called drops


message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad Danielle wrote: "this past one I met Leigh Bardugo, Victoria Schwab, Holly Black, Laini Taylor, Laurie Forest, Julie Kagawa, A.C. Gaughen, Rebecca Hanover, Heidi Heilig, Marie Lu, and quite a few more

I got quite a few books/arcs signed"


I'm just curious. Did you have to pay for autographs or to take pictures? I've never had to at book signings, but I've never been to a book convention and it seems to be the trend now at other fan conventions.


message 6: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments At BEA you didn't have to pay, at Book Con in the authrgraphs were in the autograph area you had to purchase a book (if it's stated in the ticket), if it was on the main floor you didn't have to pay since that's where they dropped the arcs, and arcs are not for sale.


message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments forgot, you don't have to pay for pictures either


message 8: by Arista (new)

Arista | 4 comments Mod
I wanted to get Clinton/Paterson's autograph but tickets were sold out!


message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments I'm not surprised as to how fast those went.


message 10: by Justin (new)

Justin Turczak (justintime2989) | 1 comments Yea not surprised those tixs did go fast.


message 11: by Judy (new)

Judy Ohhh (judyohh) | 1 comments I went this year, for the 1st time, and it was a lot of fun!!!


message 12: by Chad (new)

Chad When do tickets go on sale for next year? I live on LI, this sounds like something I should be going to.

Is it really crowded? I'm not a fan of being packed in. It's probably why I've never went to a comicon.


message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (drakenfyre75) | 6 comments Chad wrote: "When do tickets go on sale for next year? I live on LI, this sounds like something I should be going to.

Is it really crowded? I'm not a fan of being packed in. It's probably why I've never went t..."


I don't think anything will really be announced until Dec, since that's when info went out for this pat year. I'd suggested following them on FB or even signing up for their newsletter.

This year wasn't as packed as it was last year, I don't know if it was due to the time of year, or what, but I had no issues with my anxiety acting up with the crowds. It's nothing like NYCC, if you want to compare crowd sizes.


message 14: by Arista (new)

Arista | 4 comments Mod
There was a prize if you buy tickets between certain dates in may.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o3Jr...


back to top