YA LGBT Books discussion

LGBT Events and Charities > LGBTQ+ book donations

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Safe (new)

Safe Space | 1 comments Hi!

Our names our Brian Johnson & Carlene Clayton. We run a small organization in Red Wing, MN called Safe Space. We aim to unite and support our local LGBTQ+ community. We are going to have a booth at our city's festival, River City Days, in August. We are going to feature a prize wheel with one section devoted to LGBTQ+ entertainment (books, movies, documentaries, etc.). We are reaching out to people asking for prize donations.

We heard about this online group at MN PRIDE this past weekend and wanted to reach out to you. These novels are exactly what we are looking for and we were wondering if any of you would be willing to donate a book or two to our prize wheel. We will have a donation box set up at our next two support groups (6/30/18 and 7/28/18) located at Caribou Coffee in Red Wing. As well, donations can be mailed to PO BOX 371, Red Wing, MN 55066. If these options don't work, feel free to contact us about alternative arrangements.

Email us at safespacerw@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. For more information about the organization and our activities, check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SafeSpaceRW/

Thanks!

message 2: by Kaje (last edited Jun 28, 2018 07:35AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16799 comments I'd be happy to send you a copy of my YA collection for that. It was good to meet you at Pride.

How many books do you want to end up with? (And since it's for prizes, not a YA library, do you still want only books that are okay for under-18s or adult LGBTQ as well? Many of our authors write both.) I assume new books only?

What is the deadline for sending them?

Are you taking money donations at this event, or is it all about the visibility?