Oakville Reads discussion

Changes for Oakville Reads > We're changing our format!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you for being a member of Oakville Reads, Oakville Public Library’s online book club. We’d like to let you know that we’ll be changing our format on July 1st, 2018. Our site will feature two book reviews each month, written by our staff. We’ll showcase our favorites in many different genres - classics and new releases, fiction and non-fiction. We’ll invite our members to comment as well, but the discussions will be less formal than our past ones. We thank all of you for following along with us in the past, and for your many insightful comments over the last four years. We hope you’ll check in with us regularly and let us know what you think!

message 2: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Good luck with the new format

message 3: by Maureen (new)

Maureen B. | 212 comments I've really enjoyed the 'assigned' book of the month--it got me out of my reading comfort zone as well as upped my game. (So fond of easy reads! lol) So, a big thank you and I'll look forward to your new format!

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan (susanopl) | 472 comments Mod
Sheila wrote: "Good luck with the new format"

Thanks, Sheila. Thanks for your past participation, and we hope you'll follow our reading recommendations in future.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Maureen wrote: "I've really enjoyed the 'assigned' book of the month--it got me out of my reading comfort zone as well as upped my game. (So fond of easy reads! lol) So, a big thank you and I'll look forward to yo..."

Maureen, you've been one of our biggest supporters and we can't thank you enough. Your insights have added so much to many of our discussions. We'll particularly miss your witty replies! We hope you'll follow us in future, and that we inspire you to continue to read outside your comfort zone.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 130 comments I have enjoyed this group and will continue to enjoy the recommendations each month. I generally read the books, but often get to them only after the discussion is over. Thank you for helping me broaden my reading horizons.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan wrote: "I have enjoyed this group and will continue to enjoy the recommendations each month. I generally read the books, but often get to them only after the discussion is over. Thank you for helping me br..."
Thanks for broadening our horizons too, Susan, with your insightful comments. We've appreciated your participation very much and are glad to hear that you'll follow along with us in future.

message 8: by Rocio (new)

Rocio (rociofarrell) | 64 comments I have been an intermitent participant of this group but I have enjoyed the discussions immensely and I have learned so much from alll pof you. I am a llittlle nostalgic of the current formal of assignments because although I didn't always keep up, many times I went back to read the discussions when I finally got to read the different books. I willll follow the new format and I am sure I willll enjoy it as welll. Thank you all very much, speciallly the moderators.

message 9: by Susan (new)

Rocio wrote: "I have been an intermitent participant of this group but I have enjoyed the discussions immensely and I have learned so much from alll pof you. I am a llittlle nostalgic of the current formal of as..."
It's really gratifying to know you were reading our discussions after you caught up with our selections, Rocio, and that you felt you learned from them. We really enjoyed hearing from you, and we appreciate your support!