Kobo Book Club discussion

General Discussion > My Kobo died... :(

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments I'm so sad, my Kobo Glo died yesterday when I tried to power it on and nothing happened, and I have a million black/white lines across the screen. I tried plugging it into a computer to see if I could connect to the drive but no luck. Fortunately, I have most of my books saved on my computer so I can reload them but I have a feeling I will be missing a few elusive titles or rare books...
On the bright side, I decided to purchase a new Kobo Clara HD reader. It has twice the memory of my Glo and is sure to have improved response time/performance. I hate having to start over on anything but I have no choice.

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments How do you like the Aura One so far?

message 3: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments My Kobo Glo was going strong for 5 yrs but had some slight memory lag so it will be nice to have a new device :)

message 4: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments Yes, just purchased it but haven't received it yet. I will post a comment as soon as I have it up and running.

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments The Kobo Clara is a nice updated improvement of the Kobo Glo. The interface is the same (thank goodness!) and it loads much faster (likely due to the increase in onboard memory capacity at 8 GB). The Clara is slightly larger than the Glo so I had to buy a new cover for it (found a knockoff on Amazon.ca). I do like that you can change the colour and brightness of the light (it's a bit cumbersome to do so but apparently there is a shortcut - I am looking into this).

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina Boodhan Juras (goodreadscomchrissycee) | 7 comments I am really happy with my Kobo Clara. It is like my Glo but much better (faster, stronger... LOL!)
I found a knockoff cover that works perfectly with it.