Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

This Adventure Ends
This topic is about This Adventure Ends
This Adventure Ends > Chapters 9-16

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the discussion for Chapters 9-16 in This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills. Please keep discussion to this section of the book. If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
This book is super cute and I am FLYING through it.

I love the way the friendships are developing, it all feels very natural and realistic. I also love Sloane’s self-deprecating nature, it doesn’t feel forced and cheesy or over the top (making the character unlikable) like it sometimes does with YA protagonists.

Still loving Sloane’s dad the most. His newfound obsession with Were School fandom is cracking me up 😂

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
Omg I agree with Jess - the Dad getting into fanfic is killing me 😂😂😂 I’m very intrigued to find out what happened between Aubrey and Remy. I feel like there are so many secrets between the original group that Solange may destined to always be on the outside. I’m interested to see where that goes.

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments Definitely finding this one a nice easy read, totally easy to fly though the chapters.

I am curious about a lot of the characters, and it's cool that we learn a little more about one or another just a bit at a time. Now I understand Remy a bit more (but not a lot), now that Sloane recruited hime to help with project find-the-painting.

I do find Sloane still hard to connect with. It feels strange that she seems to handle social situations so well (like "manage" them, often strategically), but I have no sense of her own emotions...about anything. Not one thing. Big or small. Weird!

The were-fan-fic obsession of the father is hilarious! Do you think he's suppose to be someone like Nicholas Sparks? I coudln't think of many male literary romance authors.

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I love how the dad is obsessed with that teenage wolf show and all the fanfic.

I'm liking the friendships in this book. I'm still not connecting with Sloane at all.