Being Author discussion

Dying To Live & Fighting To Live - Double Edition
Author of the Month [Aug] - CM Wright

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pratap (new)

Pratap Divyesh (divyeshpratap) | 5 comments Mod
most viewed author on beingauthor.com, congratulations from Being Author team.

message 2: by C.M. (new) - added it

C.M. Wright (WriterCMWright) | 1 comments Pratap wrote: "most viewed author on beingauthor.com, congratulations from Being Author team."

Thank you! It's an honor and THIS is one of the reason I love my fans so much.

Elle Klass (blushingbabe) | 1 comments Congrats C.M. Wright!

message 4: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Pietri | 1 comments Congratulations C.M. Wright!

message 5: by Joy (new)

Joy Lo-Bamijoko (goodreadscomhttpwwwjinlobifycom) | 20 comments Congratulations C.M. Wright. Enjoy!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments What is this about please? How can I get my name out there? Jen

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments Book signing 8/13 Point Borough Library, NJ, 7-8:30 pm for Jennifer Beilis, hear I Am!!

message 8: by Joy (new)

Joy Lo-Bamijoko (goodreadscomhttpwwwjinlobifycom) | 20 comments Jennifer wrote: "What is this about please? How can I get my name out there? Jen"
You can start by supporting others.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments that is a big accomplishment to be author most viewed CM Wright!

message 10: by Pratap (new)

Pratap Divyesh (divyeshpratap) | 5 comments Mod
Jennifer visit: www.beingauthor.com/

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments thank you I will keep in mind

message 12: by Richard (new)

Richard Alan | 4 comments Greetings to the group, Hi to my friends here, and it's great to run into you here C.M.! It's been a while. And you, Pratap, you have turned into quite the mover and shaker! From humble beginnings, even before you book was published, I've been proud to see how you've developed!

To Those that are not yet acquaintances, I look forward to meeting you and help you sell more books!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments Richard- what did you write about? I wrote Hear I Am and need help selling it- Jennifer Beilis www.heariamjennifer.com

message 14: by Richard (new)

Richard Alan | 4 comments I'm collecting short stories covering many genres: fantasy, paranormal, science fiction, horror, romance, comedy...

I removed the first book from the market for a major rewrite after writing 3 sequels in 1st draft form. It's about the birth of a paranormal society evolving and surviving among humankind. It covers many genres such as science fiction, which becomes a larger part of it as the series progresses.

In a break away from the series editing, I'm taking a few weeks to write a short paranormal romance, & comedy novel. It involves a married couple, death, and angels & demons. I'm aiming to publish it in late September through Kindle, and CreateSpace for financial reasons.

C.M. Wright and her husband read the old version of "The Rising of Julian Adams." That's the book I'm working on. The story's the same, but style and structure are very different now.

That answers your question. As for your request, I will look at your site and post it on my Facebook pages. I can look at other places to give you some exposure.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments That is great Richard- was it very hard to separate or critique your own work again? I found it very hard to critique my own work.

Thank you- I would be happy to have your book on my pages as well- Are you on Twitter and what is your FB name? I am in some author groups you can check it out as well.

Jen

message 16: by Richard (new)

Richard Alan | 4 comments Yes, Jennifer, very difficult. That's why I'm writing the other stories. My 1st book is an epic in itself. It's a dangling proposition that is so different than writing something new. It would be less of a pain if my original publishers did a decent edit with some input. They gave me neither, and that has compounded the chore of editing. It's also hard to regain that passion for writing in such a long project. It needed it and it's holding up the rest of the series which I'm anxious to return to.

"The Rising of Julian Adams" is still on Goodreads, Amazon, etc. It's just not for sale. I'm happy with that. I'd hate to sell another botched copy. So, you can still add it to your reading list. The 2nd edition isn't going to start on many of the book sites it's presently on. Distribution is one problem I haven't looked into yet. At least my publisher got that part right.

I am Richard Alan - Author on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/RichardAlanR...

Thanks for your support!

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments I am little confused what books are for sale that I can post on my pages for you? I also agree with similar philosophy with the self published is not what I bargained for either. Are you sure that Create Space or the other ones you mentioned will sell bc it seems to me that libraries and B&N won't take print on demand in their stores but may do a booksigning all very confusing and I wish I had someone to help me with it all.

message 18: by Joy (new)

Joy Lo-Bamijoko (goodreadscomhttpwwwjinlobifycom) | 20 comments Richard, your kind of frankness is what grows an author. I like the discussion, and I learn from it.

message 19: by Sandra (last edited Aug 19, 2014 05:14PM) (new)

Sandra Enriquez (crystalcpublishing) | 1 comments Jennifer wrote: "I am little confused what books are for sale that I can post on my pages for you? I also agree with similar philosophy with the self published is not what I bargained for either. Are you sure that ..."

Jennifer, you are correct, libraries and B&N will not put your self-published book on their shelves. You will have to donate books to your library. You will have to have a lot of 3+ star reviews before a bookstore will put your book on the shelf. They will often do book signings, but they may ask for a percentage of the sales you make that day.

message 20: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments HI Sandra- thanks for writing in- I did donate some books to the library after I did a seminar on disabilities/inspiration! I got on my first book shelf in a book store today! How do you get a 3+ star review? What else can I do?
Richard- how is it coming along with rewriting?

Jen

message 21: by Shelley (new) - added it

Shelley Young (shelley_young) | 13 comments CM, congratulations. I'm new to the group. Just joined today. I saw this post and loved it. I have now also viewed your book. I will definitely check out the sample pages. Being I'm an avid reader, as well as author, I'm sure if the first pages are delightful, I shall be downloaded my copy, reading it and leaving a review. Once again. Congrats and I hope you much success on all your novels.

Shelley

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments Shelley- what did you write about? Jen

message 23: by Shelley (last edited Aug 20, 2014 07:01PM) (new) - added it

Shelley Young (shelley_young) | 13 comments Hi Jennifer,
I write thriller/suspense, mystery, historical and erotica.

message 24: by Richard (last edited Aug 20, 2014 09:23PM) (new)

Richard Alan | 4 comments Jennifer wrote: "I am little confused what books are for sale that I can post on my pages for you? I also agree with similar philosophy with the self published is not what I bargained for either. Are you sure that ..."

You are correct, Jennifer. There are many "Indie Publishers" looking for new authors. Some to exploit, and some with very good intentions. One I haven't used but am impressed with their packages, the up front fee, and the 100% royalties for you is Blue Ash Publishing. They are up front with their pricing. Basic is $842 for both printed and digital. My question for them is, "Where do you promote in print books," which is your question too.

Have I found the perfect publisher/printer/promoter? Not yet, but it's a place we need to seriously investigate, and there are hundreds! Many also work with specific genres. We are each looking for the ideal package, but as much as indies stick together and share our findings, it either gets more confusing or closer to the mark.

You need a clear idea what you want. They are a service for you, not the other way around. Remember that.

PS. I hope to have my present work published late September. Then I will graciously accept working with you.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Congrats! Kudos.

message 26: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Belle (AuthorRJBelle) | 1 comments Congrats, CM!

message 27: by Joy (new)

Joy Lo-Bamijoko (goodreadscomhttpwwwjinlobifycom) | 20 comments Congrats CM Wright for your selection as author of the month.

Richard, I was reading your reply to Jennifer's question, and I am highly interested. Whenever you find that Indie publisher who is not out to rip off the author, please let me know. I am also searching for one like that.

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments thanks for replying- How do you become author of the month? Congrats to CM Wright Jen

message 29: by Joy (new)

Joy Lo-Bamijoko (goodreadscomhttpwwwjinlobifycom) | 20 comments Good question. I will like to know too.

message 30: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Beilis | 13 comments is beingauthor a one time fee or every month?