What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

水神の生贄 1 [Suijin no Hanayome 1] (The Water Dragon's Bride, #1)
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Probably YA fantasy, girl blacks out, wakes up in a fantasy world. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments The main character goes on a trip and finds "something" (perhaps a piece of jewellry?) that causes her to travel to another world. She is very confused at first and some local family takes her in but they have their own, not very charitable, reasons to do so. They try to use her as some kind of a sacrifice. I read the book about a year ago but it may be older than that. Sorry for the vague description:(.

message 2: by Cocoa (new)

Cocoa (brandedcocoabeans) | 16 comments I'm not at all sure, but this sounds slightly as if it might be the "Divide" series by Elizabeth Kay? In these the protagonist is a boy, but the rest of the plot is very similar and there is another protagonist who is a girl.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments Alix wrote: "I'm not at all sure, but this sounds slightly as if it might be the "Divide" series by Elizabeth Kay? In these the protagonist is a boy, but the rest of the plot is very similar and there is anothe..."
I am not sure, the cover doesn't look familiar but I will try it anyway. I will let you know when I hunt down a copy :)

message 4: by Annaliese (new)

Annaliese | 14 comments Maybe Coraline, The Lost Children, or The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls?

message 5: by Anna (last edited Jul 16, 2018 03:27PM) (new)

Anna | 509 comments I checked all the suggestions but sadly none is the book I'm looking for.

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna | 509 comments Found it :). It was a manga 水神の生贄 1 Suijin no Hanayome 1 .

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Anna. Thanks for the update.