What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sycamore Year
This topic is about Sycamore Year
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA book about a girl named Wren and her sister Francesca, or Chess, and their friend Anna Ferris, who had a brother named Travis (I think), and Anna was a singer, but then Anna met a boy named Tony, becomes pregnant. 1980s/70s. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Budd | 3 comments This book was about a girl named Wren and her sister Francesca, or Chess, and their friend Anna Ferris, who had a brother named Travis (I think), and Anna was a singer, but then Anna met a boy named Tony. I'm not giving anything away when I say that Anna becomes pregnant, it says that in the blurb on the back of the book. Wren spends the summer trying to make plans for Anna to go away into the country and have the baby, so that Anna's future won't be ruined. Wren's mom is dating a Mr. Montcrief. I just can't remember the title! I read it at the end of the 1970s or in the early 1980s.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Sycamore Year by Mildred Lee. First published in 1974.
Fourteen-year-old Wren and her fifteen-year-old best friend Anna attempt to handle by themselves the problem of Anna's pregnancy.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan Budd | 3 comments THANK YOU!!!