Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (The Tales of Dunk and Egg, #1-3)
This topic is about A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms [July 15, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 64 (64 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4608 comments Mod
July 15th.

message 2: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Spot!

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Does the graphic novel counts? I still have to order the third one though.

message 5: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Silvana wrote: "Does the graphic novel counts? I still have to order the third one though."

Sure does! You just get a smaller points bonus. Come and at least read the first two with us...

message 6: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

I've been meaning to read this for so long so I will join too :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Ah man I'd love to join this but don't think I have time realistically! We shall see.

message 9: by Silvana (last edited Jun 26, 2018 08:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Zaara wrote: "Silvana wrote: "Does the graphic novel counts? I still have to order the third one though."

Sure does! You just get a smaller points bonus. Come and at least read the first two with us..."

I will! Just checked the price of the The Mystery Knight: A Graphic Novel. Why oh why it only comes in hardcover.....

I might just listen for the audio (Viserys as narrator :D)

message 10: by Zaara (last edited Jun 27, 2018 02:50AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Siobhan wrote: "Ah man I'd love to join this but don't think I have time realistically! We shall see."

😂😂😂 haha told ya...don't even try to resist, yoooooou!

EDIT: @Silvana...sounds cool....I already own the hardcover...

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments I have the book hard cover and all the graphic novels! Which to read...

message 12: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Siobhan wrote: "I have the book hard cover and all the graphic novels! Which to read..."

Well, being the Evil Queen...my best advice will be to ask the brother and he will cunningly find some way for you to claim more points...like with that whole LoLL and RSuRS reversal re-read suggestion...I know I have totally fumked this sentence with obscurity...which...the short version is Ask Iain.
Or wait...wait...*evil sabotage face* don't ask. You jezzt read the graphic novels...takes you much less time....way prettier...all them pictures...

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Hahaha! 😂
Or... I read both? Alllll the points!

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Jenna wrote: "I've been meaning to read this for so long so I will join too :)"

See, what did I tell you, Zaara? ;)

message 15: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments Siobhan wrote: "Hahaha! 😂
Or... I read both? Alllll the points!"

You go girl!

message 16: by Bea (new)

Bea | 2052 comments Omg I just realised I have owned this book for years but have never read it.
I'll see if I can fit it in next to my exams in July...

message 17: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Chris wrote: "See, what did I tell you, Zaara? ;)"

You sure did!

message 18: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris wrote: "Jenna wrote: "I've been meaning to read this for so long so I will join too :)"

See, what did I tell you, Zaara? ;)"

???

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments I told her you were awesome. 🍺😄

message 20: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris wrote: "I told her you were awesome. 🍺😄"

Awe, you're too sweet~

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments So I actually think I have time to read the graphic novels and the book... 😂
But turns out I don't own the Sworn Sword graphic novel, I just thought I did... So I'm gonna start a bit early, read The Hedge Knight graphic, then A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, then the Mystery Knight. Hope that's OK! :)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Finished The Hedge Knight graphic novel. It was really good! Don't know why I've had it on my shelf so long and only read it now!

(view spoiler)

I don't read graphic novels very often but I really enjoyed this. I need to buy the Sworn Sword now! XD

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Glad you liked it. The artwork was pretty awesome in these.

message 24: by Chris (last edited Jul 16, 2018 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Started this morning, with the novella "The Hedge Knight".

message 25: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Starting just now. Woop at all the pretty pics...
😂😂😂 I see Siobhan is doing this ALL the ways.

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Zaara wrote: "Starting just now. Woop at all the pretty pics...
😂😂😂 I see Siobhan is doing this ALL the ways."

I like how you said that..;)

message 27: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments What do I say? I learn fast, Lannister.
I totally blame Virginie and the Boys.

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Heh, I can see that.

The pics are pretty impressive so far.

message 29: by Zaara (last edited Jul 16, 2018 11:15AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Yeah when I post about the book I will prolly include bits about them....
EDIT gtg sleepy

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments I'm onto the Sworn Sword now! :)
Really liked the Hedge Knight, fab pictures XD

message 31: by Anni (new) - added it

Anni | 5048 comments You're talking about pics in the book/GN right? Or am I blind? 😂

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments What, you can't see all the beautiful pictures on this thread??

😂😂 Yeah, in the book hehe.

Silvana (silvaubrey) | 1818 comments Siobhan, you have to get Sworn Sword graphic novel too, while the story is not as good as HK or MK, the illustration of the Battle of Redgrass Field was just fantastic.

message 34: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 3 stars

I haven't started it yet - will get to it in the next couple of days!

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments I will definitely get it Silvana! :) it's going on my birthday list haha 😅

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments 66% through, read The Sworn Sword novella. Again, thoroughly enjoyed it. (view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments 66% through, read The Sworn Sword novella. Again, thoroughly enjoyed it. (view spoiler)

message 38: by Zaara (last edited Jul 18, 2018 02:06AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Finished the Hedge Knight. I read almost nothing else yesterday. I think I also managed...what...three short chapters of Riyria? Sorry I didn't log on last night and post...was very much here in spirit. What actually happemed was I totally geeked out and went nerd on the Top 3 Shield Wall exercise and drew up an entire battle heirarchy (with benchwarming backups) and strategic plans and it all got so complex that it ran into multiple pages.
I had such fun tho'...Lannister...
Where was I?

HEDGE KNIGHT LOG...HUGE SO SPOILERING...BUT GOES FAST
(view spoiler)

message 39: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Wow! I killed this thread all by myself 🙊
Hi-five Marge! Btw here is Margret? She been on my mind since yest...
Ok I only expected to give @Jenna the screaming nightmares/small incidental headache with my long spoiler bcuz the rest of you have already been with me in BRs...and heh, after the Mark Lawrence you guys knew what to expect...

But like I promised...here is a very small reading update.
Finished Sworn Sword.
The minute they started (view spoiler)

Halfway thru Mystery Knight. I will finish it todau bcuz I am sooooo behind on Riyria...😒

Chris  (haughtc) | 1770 comments Glad you liked The Hedge Knight, Zaara. I'm not quite done with it, but since it's my 3rd or 4th time though, I'm savoring.

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Yay glad you liked them Zaara. Love reading your comments.
I really liked that scene with the Red Widow too! 😅

I finished the Mystery Knight. I think it was probably my favourite of the three, though they were all really good.

(view spoiler)

message 42: by Zaara (last edited Jul 21, 2018 02:03AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Finished. Nothing much to say about the last xept it was good. I liked the first novella best....as you can tell 😝 altho' the last was prolly the most sophisticated along the intrigue front.
Love the (view spoiler)

Ok here are gifts for all....

Yeah @Chris...I figured...saw your status update where you told someone this was your entry point into the world...I like that these stories have such a low magic quotient. It reads like historical fiction almost, xept for the dragon eggs. I really was (view spoiler)
Here is a pic for you...fight scene...
(view spoiler)

For Siobhan....oh good...you liked another one best...I found it...
I thought the flyleaf illustration for the last one....with Egg and Maester in a tug of war was the cutest thing ever, esp bcuz the donkey wore a hat and I searched online for it...ages...so I could post it here for you...couldn't find...found ALL the other drawings save that one...tho' this could have more to do with my dismal online skills than anything.
Still, here ya go 😘 and thanks for the Hadrian's Wall pics
(view spoiler)

For @Jenna...Dunk & the Red Widow...did you start reading, Jenna? The pic has a very fairytale Rapunzel vibe...its my favourite illustration of The Lady.
(view spoiler)

For @Silvana...Egg and Dunk's first of many faceoffs...clout on the ear....hehehe...I love how he tries hard to be strict but can never follow up on his menacing threats...
(view spoiler)

And for also for meeeeee...bcuz I am greedy 😁 made extra effort to make this thread nice...which I need not have...but always the siscouragment for more people to buy ALL the illustrated versions of EVERYTHING...☺️
I tried to find one of the images of the crowd from Hedge Knight and also the one of Egg and the Donkey but couldn't :-(
So I get puppets....Florian the Fool and his Lady Jonquil...
(view spoiler)

message 43: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments EDIT - Haha😂😂😂 look how fukked up the sizes are....oh well, I tried...

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments The sizes don't matter, I can see them all fine, and you've made this thread beauuuuuutiful!! :D

Thank you for sharing my favourite illustration! It makes my heart hurt a little seeing how much he cares for Dunk ❤️

I know which one you mean about the donkey in the hat, love that one too!

message 45: by Zaara (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Yea. I make threads soooo purty....
The other half of #Oponn posts ugly pics...😂

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments What's #Oponn? Sorry if I'm behind haha.

message 47: by Zaara (last edited Jul 21, 2018 02:58AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Siobhan wrote: "What's #Oponn? Sorry if I'm behind haha."

You're not behind. That was my bad. I mixed up the ppl who started Malazan and who dint.
Malazan reference...to Evil Twins. So ofcourse I meant Finbar. Did you see what he posted with china mieville...which I'm nevarr gonna read that one...just sayin'....totally grossed Beste out....😂😝😜

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments No I didn't see! But I don't want to be grossed out 🙈 haha!

message 49: by Zaara (last edited Jul 21, 2018 03:16AM) (new) - added it

Zaara | 4273 comments Siobhan wrote: "No I didn't see! But I don't want to be grossed out 🙈 haha!"

REVERSE PSYCH SPOILER...DONT OPEN

(view spoiler)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7859 comments Was your spoiler tag broken on purpose there? 😂

Omg that's horrific! Was that relevant to the book? Hahaha.

« previous 1