What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Trigger
This topic is about Trigger
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. A teenage boy is recovering from a serious brain injury. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Eden (last edited Jun 26, 2018 02:49AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eden | 6 comments the book came out during the early 2000s and is possibly called brainstorm/braindead. The cover is orange with a brain in the middle

it's quite an interesting read as it's only from his point of view so there are a lot of random things he starts thinking about between the plot line (sahara desert and socks). The book is about his recovery and how he thinks his friends and family are reacting to the situation. Possible plot relevant romance between the main character and a friend of his that he is interested in but who keeps him away because of what happened to him

spoilers ahead:
Turns out he tried to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head. He rolled the carpet and put it on the top of his closet to avoid staining it. His friend used to be his girlfriend before his suicide attempt

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36503 comments Mod
Eden, what's the time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

Where is the boy found at the beginning? What does he think has happened? Where and how does he recuperate?

message 3: by Melody (new) - added it

Melody Kemble | 31 comments And is this fiction or nonfiction?

Eden | 6 comments Hi Kris and Melody,

It is definitely a fictional book and it's catered to young adult (middle-high school range).

From what I can recall, it's current to the time period the book was published - early 2000s. I can't say I remember if it's a small town or a big city. But I remember it had a suburban-y vibe to it.

The story starts with the boy returning to his home after recuperating in the hospital. The rest of the story is about his recovery at home. I'm not sure if his condition has gotten him to a point where he goes to school so I can't say for certain if he does. I remember that his family doesn't tell him what happened (I presume he was told he suffered from an accident but I can't say for certain).

message 5: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Trigger by Susan Vaught?
It starts with him going home. He mentions the Sahara desert several times (and socks!) There is no "brain" in the title. The letters are orange but the cover is not. His head is in the cover but not a brain... But I thought I'd mention it just in case!
Here's the Google books link in case you want to check it out:
https://books.google.com/books?id=aem...

Eden | 6 comments THIS IS IT. I've been looking for this book for ages, thank you so much Mai!!

Guess I was wrong about the brain in the title, old me was so sure about that.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll go reread it as soon as I can get my hands on a copy!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Trigger (other topics)