What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Murder mystery, adult. A man was found shot in the middle of a road. I think it was a FBI novel. Murdered man had a wife at home & EVERYTHING had to be perfect, or it would end badly for her if he returned & the house wasn't spotless. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C (last edited Jun 26, 2018 12:58AM) (new)

C Alaniz (cheyasaurus) | 1 comments Im pretty sure i read it between 2010-2014. It wasnt a super old book. It had to have been written late 90's early 2000's.Written in english. I think the book was based in the west coast. I remember the house being huge and i think it was near a cliff?Spoilers:

He had given her an phone only to use in emergencies. She called him once before and got punished for it.She would get punished if there was anything out of place. I know he has multiple diffrent identities. She didnt believe her husband was dead, because the man murdered went by a diffrent name. The agents were searching for the killer but had no luck because of how many identities he had.

message 2: by ALLEN (new)

ALLEN | 13 comments Goodness! I hope you get a quick answer, C, and that the schmuck married to that poor woman is rotting in Hell.

message 3: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (joyce8) | 52 comments following

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36605 comments Mod
C, what's the location - definitely US?, region, big city/small town?

Is there romance in the story?

Would you call this a psychological thriller?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
C, are you still looking for this or did you find it?