What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Rebecca's World
This topic is about Rebecca's World
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's fantasy involving ghosts that were destroyed by wood, a hero with a wooden stick, a last standing tree and a character with painful feet. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angus (new)

Angus Rose | 2 comments What I remember of this book is that the world had been taken over by ghosts whose only weak point was that they would disappear or were dispersed by, wood. There were only two sources of wood left - one was a wooden wand/stick possessed by the hero, and the other was the last standing tree which was heavily guarded by ghosts. The only other character I can recall is a rather large one who suffered with bad feet! I read this book when I was at middle school - 1977-1980 - and I have a feeling it was a relatively new book then.

Thanks

Angus

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1276 comments Maybe Rebecca's World by Terry Nation? Hardcover published in 1975.
It was the eleventh day of the school holidays and Rebecca was bored. But events take a dramatic turn for the better (or worse) when she finds herself transported to a distant planet whose people are terrorized by jelly-like monsters called Ghosts.

This post explains more about the plot:
http://johnhennessybooks.blogspot.com...

message 3: by Angus (new)

Angus Rose | 2 comments Absolutely spot on! Thank you so much - time to track a copy down for my children.