Ted Dekker Fans discussion

The books of history chronicles

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily H | 2 comments So I'm reading the The books of history chronicles for the first time and have started in this order: Black, Red, White, Chosen, Infidel, Renegade, Chaos, Lunatic, Elyon. I have currently read my way to Chaos, but I am wandering what is the best way to read the paradise novels once I get to them. What do you guys recommend?

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason | 7 comments As far as Paradise goes, you should read Showdown, then Saint, then Sinner.

message 3: by Keziah (new)

Keziah (bookwyrm777) | 2 comments I agree with Jason. The Paradise novels should (but obviously don't have to be) read in the order of Showdown, Saint, and Sinner. Don't forget to read Green after reading the rest of the Circle trilogy (quadrilogy). There is an alternate ending for Green which you can find in a specific version of the book and possibly online as well. :)

Good luck with your reading!!!! You will fall in love with every single one of them. I personally loved White and Green the best (out of the circle trilogy/quadrilogy) but all of the Books of History Chronicles are absolutely amazing!!!! I don't know if I seen this on your to-read list or not but Immanuel's Veins is a part of the Books of History Chronicles and it is....... there are no words that can describe it properly..... but "fantastic" will have to do.

Again, good luck!!! I wish I could go back and read them all over again. Enjoy your first time reading these amazing, beautiful books.

~Keziah

message 4: by Keziah (new)

Keziah (bookwyrm777) | 2 comments *edit for the above comment

Go back "in time" and read them all over again "for the first time".

Ha ha sorry. I got too excited and submitted my comment before I had a chance to proofread it. If you have any other questions, please ask! I would love to try and help answer them for you! I think I have a list of what books are a part of the Books of History Chronicles if you would like me to send it to you. Have a great evening!

~Keziah

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily H | 2 comments Thanks Kezia and Jason! @Kezia I was planning on saving Green for last and I have read Immanuel’s vein before and loved it! It had been my favorite Dekker book thus far, (until I finally got the time to dive into the circle that is) However that was a few years ago and I had no idea it was connected to this series and looking back on it I’m not sure why. I guess I’ll have to read it again. I know that Skin and House are also connected. House was the very first Dekker book I ever read. I think I was like 12 lol so I’ll have to reread that one as well to figure out the connection. Skin I actually finished last year which I’m glad I did, as it sheds some light on this series. So far I’m loving all of them, but the Circle series is definitely my favorite over the lost books. I got my husband reading them now too lol.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason | 7 comments Don’t forget the new ones! I really need to reread Showdown as well, was in a weird place and couldn’t focus at the time lol.