What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance: Woman(Afr. Am.) losing eyesight due to brain tumor seeks help of Dr. who has stopped practicing. (Jeanette?) ends up traveling across Africa before she loses eyesight, Dr. changes mind and tries to track her across Africa. Late 90s early 00s

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine | 2 comments The woman has a sister who owns a bed and breakfast. The doctor is no longer practicing due to a bad surgery. He is moonlighting as a group tour guide or travel photographer. Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36623 comments Mod
Raine, what's the time period of the story?

Can you tell us more about the heroine - her job/skills/interest, where she lives (U.S. region/big city/small town), how she learned about the ex-doctor in Africa, etc.?

message 3: by Raine (new)

Raine | 2 comments Kris,
It's set in contemporary times 90s-00s. The heroine researched the doctor and meets him on a cruise ship I think. I want to say they both live some where on the east coast of US. Don't remember her job. The plot runs that somewhere on the cruise a former patient recognizes the doctor, and the doctor realizes that the heroine isn't surprised that he's addressed as doctor.

This might be an Arabesque novel, but I haven't been able to find it any list of their titles.

Thanks for your help!

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40690 comments Mod
Raine, are you still looking for this or did you find it?