Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > What's the next new release you're looking forward to?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 62 comments Just wondering what cool new books are coming out soon that I may not be aware of. So, what books that have yet to come out this year are you excited about?

I'm most excited for The Griffin's Feather (July 31), Muse of Nightmares (October 2), The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (October 2) and Kingdom of Ash (October 23). Why all the good books need to come out in October? Trying to rob me right before Christmas or something? D:

message 2: by Cendaquenta (new)

Cendaquenta Record of a Spaceborn Few AAAAAAAA! I feel like I've been excited about it forever even though it was only announced, what, a year ago? Plus, I have tickets for the Scottish launch event - I am going to meet Becky Chambers, oh my god. Her books mean so much to me I'm going to write her a letter about it and just hand it to her because I will not be able to speak and even if I am, by some miracle, verbal, there's no way I could eloquently express even a fraction of what I'd mean to say.

message 3: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Peppercorn  (kiwicanread) | 62 comments Cendaquenta wrote: "Record of a Spaceborn Few AAAAAAAA! I feel like I've been excited about it forever even though it was only announced, what, a year ago? Plus, I have tickets for the Scottish launch ..."

ooh, that one's got amazing reviews already! that's awesome that you get to meet one of your heroes! i'd be so afraid to meet any of mine. haha

Frank-Intergalactic Bookdragon (intergalacticbookdragon) Fawkes by Nadine Brandes Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik are some this year I'm looking forward too, especially Wildcard

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments Wildcard is definitely high up on my list too!
The other books I was looking forward to have already been published, even though I haven't read them yet^^

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 26, 2018 06:18AM) (new)

I second muse of nightmares and lady petticoates, also
Heroine's Journey (Heroine Complex, #3) by Sarah Kuhn
Royal Crown (From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, #4) by Meg Cabot
A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan
Kill The Farm Boy (The Tales of Pell #1) by Delilah S. Dawson
Competence (Custard Protocol, #3) by Gail Carriger
My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2) by Cynthia Hand

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 06, 2018 12:28PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments One of mine came out today. Iron and Magic. I'm trying frantically to get to the point where I can sit down and read it. (Hubby decided a week ago that we were moving back to where we'd lived before. His brother has been diagnosed with Stage 3 Small Cell Lung Cancer and owns a farm. Hubby feels he needs to be available to help on the farm--and any other way he's needed. So I'm trying to get stuff together so that we can get our house on the market as quickly as possible.) Anyway, others I'm waiting for:

The Corpse at the Crystal Palace
Aunt Dimity and the King's Ransom
Magic Triumphs
Competence

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (artemisstarlite) | 20 comments Seafire!! It’s dropping in August and it’s been on my mind since January!!

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire (clairesedoyle) | 1 comments Cendaquenta wrote: "Record of a Spaceborn Few AAAAAAAA! I feel like I've been excited about it forever even though it was only announced, what, a year ago? Plus, I have tickets for the Scottish launch ..."

Record of a Spaceborn Few is awesome! I won an early copy in a give-away, and it's just as wise and delightful as the other two books in the series. I am going to buy it and re-read it when it officially arrives. I'm so jealous that you get to meet Becky Chambers. Have a glorious time!

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela Auten | 126 comments I'm looking forward to Dance of Thieves. I loved The Kiss of Deception. I loved that whole series actually. Dance of Thieves is set in the same universe super excited.

My most anticipated release of the year was released in Feburary and I have already read it.

message 12: by quq (last edited Jul 01, 2018 03:27PM) (new)

quq  (190511) Shatter Me #5 & #6 - Tahereh Mafi
The Darkest Legacy - Alexandria Bracken
ACOTAR #5 - Sarah J Maas
Kingdom of Ash - Sarah J Maas
The Darkest Legacy, again, cuz it’s just gonna be so great. ILY Alex!!!

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Bowe (sarahsbookstack) Archenemies (Renegades #2) by Marissa Meyer clear in November!!!

message 14: by Vanessa (last edited Jul 01, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Vanessa Kingdom of ash. By Sarah J Mass.

message 15: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 448 comments Muse of Nightmares, by Laini Taylor, and Vengeful (the sequel to Vicious), by V. E. Schwab.

message 16: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (manka23) | 21 comments #stalkingtoaddtotbr

message 17: by Tecla (new)

Tecla Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson
Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1) by Mary E. Pearson

As She Ascends by Jodi Meadows
As She Ascends (Fallen Isles, #2) by Jodi Meadows

Two Dark Reigns by Kendare Blake
Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3) by Kendare Blake

message 18: by Books With Chi (new)

Books With Chi | 16 comments Everything by Sarah J. Maas.

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Wildcard (Warcross #2) by Marie Lu Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3) by Cassandra Clare The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black To Best the Boys by Mary Weber The Boy Who Steals Houses by C.G. Drews (just to name a few!!)

message 20: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Shu (tamutheshamu) Superman Dawnbreaker (DC Icons #4) by Matt de la Pena
I'm looking forward to the last book in the "DC Icons" series, Superman: Dawnbreaker by Matt de la Pena.

message 21: by Naaytaashreads (new)

Naaytaashreads | 12 comments Sea Prayer

I''ve been waiting for a new release of Khaled Hosseini for so long!!!

message 22: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 10, 2018 09:17PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Aunt Dimity and the King's Ransom and Competence are the next ones I'm waiting for.

message 23: by paula (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ (last edited Jul 15, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Kingdom of ash!!!!!