Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Noir
This topic is about Noir
Archive - Group Reads > Noir by Christopher Moore (spoilers) - July 2018

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Jun 25, 2018 04:34PM) (new)

Gem  | 1335 comments Mod
Hello fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller readers! This discussion is about Noir by Christopher Moore and your host is Tom.

Please note if you have not finished reading the book spoilers are permitted in this discussion from the start.

Summary

San Francisco. Summer, 1947. A dame walks into a saloon . . .

It’s not every afternoon that an enigmatic, comely blonde named Stilton (like the cheese) walks into the scruffy gin joint where Sammy "Two Toes" Tiffin tends bar. It’s love at first sight, but before Sammy can make his move, an Air Force general named Remy arrives with some urgent business. ’Cause when you need something done, Sammy is the guy to go to; he’s got the connections on the street.

Meanwhile, a suspicious flying object has been spotted up the Pacific coast in Washington State near Mount Rainer, followed by a mysterious plane crash in a distant patch of desert in New Mexico that goes by the name Roswell. But the real weirdness is happening on the streets of the City by the Bay.

When one of Sammy’s schemes goes south and the Cheese mysteriously vanishes, Sammy is forced to contend with his own dark secrets—and more than a few strange goings on—if he wants to find his girl.

Ninna | 32 comments This book is more of an "okay" rating in my book. It was enjoyable enough but having now read several Christopher Moore books, I think I've come to realize that he delves into adolescent silliness more than I enjoy. I loved "A Dirty Job" but I think what I found funny and clever in those books seems to be sadly more an exception than a standard with his writing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Noir (other topics)
Noir (other topics)
Noir (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Christopher Moore (other topics)