Blazing Readers & Wordy Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive Monthly Book Reads > Book Nominations: July

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (last edited Jun 25, 2018 03:49PM) (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 1797 comments Mod
And the theme for July's book is...

American History! (In honor of the Fourth of July)

Nominations should include either a person from American history as part of the plot, an event from American history as part of the plot, or a word in the title relating to American history. (Ask me about other ways to incorporate the theme.)

message 2: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (new)

It turns out I haven't read, like, any books on American history, but here are a few anyway.

I haven't read this, but I have heard of it: Johnny Tremain

Oh, I read this one in fifth grade, and it would be fun to reread it: The Witch of Blackbird Pond

Oh, gosh, I really should have read this one by now, but I haven't: Little Women

message 3: by Coralie, Wordy Writer (new)

Coralie (corkybookworm) | 1249 comments Mod
I remember loving The Witch of Blackbird Pond! I'd love to re-read that one! I've never heard of the Johnny one. I'll have to check it out. And Little Women is a classic. I read it when I was a freshman in high school for fun.

I'll get on tomorrow and see if I can come up with some nominations.

message 4: by Catherine, Blazing Reader (last edited Jun 27, 2018 11:13AM) (new)

the Artful Dodger wrote: "I dunno if this one's a little young, but I loved The Sign of the Beaver."

Nah, we've read children's books before. The only books that aren't allowed are content-heavy.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.