What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books about star-crossed lovers in new adult, fantasy or paranormal (not YA)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chuchi (new)

Chuchi Naz (bookhooker4life) | 4 comments Hi, i just watched the greatest showman and loved the love between zendaya and zac i am looking books like there love story and cant find any please help me find book that are like that i am looking in like new adult, fantasy pnr not much in ya

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Chuchi, can you describe the love story for people not familiar with the movie? Then we can update the header with that description and your preferred genres.

message 3: by Chuchi (new)

Chuchi Naz (bookhooker4life) | 4 comments Kris wrote: "Chuchi, can you describe the love story for people not familiar with the movie? Then we can update the header with that description and your preferred genres."

hi, yes its Zendaya plays a trapeze artist named Anne Wheeler who is part of the circus. Zac plays Phillip Carlyle, P.T.'s business partner. once philip enters the the circus he sees anne and she doing her act he gets amazed and falls in love, and wants to know who she is (they both fall in love kind of like love at first sight)
but because of the time age there in anne is not considered equal and she refuses to be with Philip since anne is considered a freak.
but in the end they get together b/c philip goes inside a burning building to save Anne and is hospitalize anne sees this then accepts him

message 4: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 186 comments So, do you like the “from 2 different worlds/cultures” and “people around them think they shouldn’t be together” aspect to their romance?

message 5: by Chuchi (new)

Chuchi Naz (bookhooker4life) | 4 comments Ebookworm2016 wrote: "So, do you like the “from 2 different worlds/cultures” and “people around them think they shouldn’t be together” aspect to their romance?"

yes like star crossed lovers

message 6: by Keith (new)

Keith | 223 comments You should change the title of the post to something like "Books about star-crossed lovers" so that people know what it's actually about. At the moment, it looks like it's in the wrong section.

message 7: by Kris (last edited Jun 26, 2018 02:11AM) (new)

Kris | 36601 comments Mod
Good suggestions. I added the theme and genres to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 8: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2075 comments Water for Elephants has both a circus theme and star-crossed lovers.

message 9: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Mah-Soeung (aquamarine_25) | 4 comments Maybe try Caraval by Stephanie Garber - this book has a carnival/circus theme with a nice smear of romance juggled into the story

message 10: by Chuchi (new)

Chuchi Naz (bookhooker4life) | 4 comments Thank you Kris ! hey sam! i have read before water for elephants its was very good! any other you recommend ? thanks caitlin i will look into it ! any other recommendation will be greatly appreciated

message 11: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 191 comments You might enjoy the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova. The main character finds out she is a sorcerer called a Windwalker. She is what's called a "commons" (non nobility) and a library apprentice. She catches the attention of the crown prince who is also a sorcerer. However his father the Emperor is angry at how close they become but keeps her around so he can use her power.

message 12: by Keith (new)

Keith | 223 comments The Risen Empire by Scott Westerfeld is sci-fi/space opera, but has two pairs of star-crossed lovers:

-Pair 1 (male/female) consists of a starship captain and a senator from opposing political factions
-Pair 2 (female/female) consists of a soldier operating in hostile territory and a civilian who is technically one of the "enemy" but is a downtrodden member of society (due to being non-neurotypical), so that their relationship stops being one of enemies pretty quickly.

Fantasy novel The Ill-Made Mute and its sequels have the heroine and her love interest, who initially seems to be "unobtainable" (she's a mute, disfigured amnesiac with nothing to her name and he's a handsome, badass elite ranger/soldier).

The Iron Tree, by the same author, has a central couple who are not kept apart by social class etc., but by a curse on the woman's family.

message 13: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 330 comments The Weight of Feathers is exactly like the love between zendaya and zac in the Greatest Showman.

It's about a pair of star crossed lovers from rival families who fall in love and are meant to be together. It has a circus vibe setting as well, with lots of acrobats (the boy is an acrobat) and a mermaid show (the girl is a part of the mermaid act).

Some parts a little similar to Romeo and Juliet in the sense that it's two people who fall in love despite their families utterly hating each other.

The only issue is this book is YA. But everything else seems to match perfectly